Does your resume need mouth-to-mouth? When applying for a highly competitive registered nurse position, it’s imperative to craft a resume that stands out. Start by creating a superb summary statement, using applicable adjectives, such as compassionate, dedicated, or organized to paint a picture of your professional style. Rather than solely listing your previous nursing duties, detail your accomplishments, using metrics wherever possible. These showcase your potential value to potential employers. Also, since nursing requires soft skills like communication and responsibility, be sure to mention them. For more ideas, look at the registered nurse resume example and see what works for you.
Registered Nurse Advice
The registered nurse resume examples below have been created to help you build your own resume for RN jobs. A registered nurse performs a range of tasks in a hospital or medical facility, including patient care, administering medications/tests, and consulting with doctors. Using the resume examples we’ve developed, it’s easy to make your RN resume better. Just click on any of the templates below, and customize the text to fit your needs!
Resume Tips for Registered Nurse
Finding jobs as a registered nurse takes a combination of the right mindset and a certain set of job seeking skills. The following tips can help you with your job search.
1. Stay positive. You may be feeling low for finding yourself temporarily out of work, but remember that you are not alone. Joining clubs or support groups for those in a similar situation can help reinforce the truth that finding work will only be a matter of time.
2. Make a plan. Making a plan for yourself is the best way to maximize your productivity. Setting smaller goals that can be accomplished on a weekly or even daily basis can break down the process. For example, you might try to send out a certain number of resumes per week.
3. Get creative in your job search. Keeping your mind open to industries and fields that may not have interested you before could lead to an unexpected opportunity. You never know where your next lead could come from.
4. Keep networking. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts who could offer insight into an industry or general advice.
5. Make use of social media. Using sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn allows you to expand your networking circle and also helps potential employers find your professional profile.
Registered Nurse Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to finding jobs as a registered nurse, remember that your resume functions as your calling card. Keep your resume in top shape by following the tips below.
1. Do not exceed two pages in writing. Unless you are a doctor or academic who may be using curricula vitae (CVs), it is not necessary to write more than two pages.
2. Do align the text flush left and make use of bullet points. Doing so will increase the organization and readability of your writing.
3. Don’t use generic language. Avoid the overly used phrases such as hard-working and team player, as these won’t add much to the individuality of your writing.
4. Do introduce your work history section with a Summary of Skills. This offers the reader a glimpse of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following suggested order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
No Experience Registered Nurse Resume
Want to use this resume?
Part Time Cashier No Experience Resume Tips
Writing a resume is the first step you must take in obtaining a past time cashier position. You might think that your lack of experience will prevent you from getting the job, but you can use volunteering, school and other jobs to show employers the experience you have. Our part time cashier no experience resume offers some suggestions you can use.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Registered Nurse job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Registered Nurse resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Summary: 4+ years charge nurse experience working in urgent, high-risk, and high patient volume settings in a 35 bed high-risk ...
Experience: 17 yrs 3 mo
Summary: Experienced nurse manager and health care administration expert, with over fifteen years of experience in the health ca...
Experience: 15 yrs 2 mo
Summary: Empathic, effective and motivated Surgical Technician who combines clinical experience with compassion to meet the chal...
Experience: 4 yrs 7 mo
Summary: An Registered Nurse position that allows me to make a difference by providing safe, effective, and efficient nursing ca...
Experience: 5 yrs 10 mo