Automotive General Manager Resume Objective
A general manager of automotive sales is generally focused on establishing sales forecasts, meeting goals, hiring and developing staff, and overseeing all day-to-day operations. This job title may pertain to a worker within the retail industry selling aftermarket parts and services or the head of a sales team at an automotive dealership. The experience and skill requirements are similar in both environments, and your objective statement should highlight these attributes in order to illustrate your qualifications to hiring managers.
What The Automotive General Manager Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Regardless of the work environment you’re striving to become a part of, be sure to detail your relevant knowledge and experience in the field. In many cases, true management experience is more vital to the role than direct automotive knowledge although a combination of both is often considered ideal. Discuss your abilities to set and meet sales goals, control inventory, and to manage administrative responsibilities. Hiring and training personnel to act as effective salespersons is also vital to many automotive management positions. Consider highlighting your organizational and communication skills as well.
Sample Automotive General Manager Resume Objectives
Your objective statement should be used not only to detail your professional background and accomplishments but also to highlight your desire to work with a new organization. Reaffirm your interest in the company by using their name as part of your statement.
1. Seeking automotive general manager position with ABC Company to employ four years of experience in sales and management plus solid knowledge of popular consumer vehicles.
2. Automotive expert seeks general manager position with ABC Company to utilize extensive knowledge of cars and trucks, proven ability to diagnose problems, and three years of management experience in retail environments.
3. Experienced sales manager seeks automotive general manager position at ABC Company to provide an impact in terms of sales goals, staff development, and customer satisfaction with the benefit of 10+ years in the industry.
4. General manager seeks position with ABC Company to apply nine years of sales and supervisory experience in automotive and specialty retail formats with demonstrated ability to lead staff in order to achieve goals and boost overall performance.
5. Automotive sales expert seeks general manager position with ABC Company to utilize five years of selling experience including two years serving at the assistant manager level.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
I am looking forward to working in a secured and thriving organization, with an opportunity for advancement. I am eager, energetic, open minded, a great communicator, team worker and team leader. I...
Experience: 12 yrs 5 mo
As a leader for any organization accountability is most important. From the sales floor, to the finance office, to service, to parts and body shop everyone should know their role and be expected to...
Experience: 13 yrs 9 mo
Driven, high performance professional with excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills. Dedicated to achieving client satisfaction and surpassing agency expectations. Experienced...
Experience: 14 yrs 6 mo
Goal-driven Sales Management professional bringing 22-year career history and proven track record of strategic business growth and product marketing. Adept at cultivating productive client relation...
Experience: 15 yrs 3 mo
Business-conscious SCM / General Manager bringing over 20 years of experience in automotive and co...
Experience: 15 yrs 2 mo