Pediatric Nurses focus on nursing care for children and babies. They may work in a doctor’s office alongside a pediatrician or in a hospital or health care organization. Having strong objectives on your resume shows prospective employers how your skills contribute to the team.
What The Pediatric Nurse Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A Pediatric Nurse is a specialty that can require a variety of specializations for nurses who work exclusively with newborns or in an emergency room. To work as a nurse, a license is required, and some hospitals or offices may also give preference to candidates with a BSN (Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing). A CPN (Certified Pediatric Nurse) is another valuable certification, although certification requirements vary by state. Be sure to highlight your certifications or credentials in your objectives to make yourself stand out to hiring managers.
Sample Pediatric Nurse Resume Objectives
It’s always a good idea to thoroughly vet the job description and customize your resume to the job you are applying for. Using the name of the hospital or doctor’s office also shows that you are interested in that particular position. Use the examples below and customize them for your resume:
1. Focused and compassionate RN with four years of experience, the last 18 months in a Pediatric NICU, providing treatment to newborns while communicating and comforting parents.
2. Seeking a position as a Pediatric Nurse for ABC Healthcare that will use exceptional communication skills and extensive credentials, including a CPN.
3. Skilled at assessing and evaluating treatment needs by using thorough intake methods and opening up lines of communication with patients and their parents across all walks of life.
4. Obtain a Pediatric Nurse position with ABC Healthcare to improve hospital procedures and streamline patient care, allowing for more time with patients and a more hands-on approach.
5. Utilize specialties in acute care to work with other professionals to effectively diagnose and treat infants and children.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Pediatric Clinic Nurse @ Norton Children’s Medical Associates
Skilled Telephone Triage Nurse experienced in assessing needs, making clinical decisions based on protocols and communicating with primary care team. Excellence in promoting and restoring patients' he...
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner @ Independence Pediatrics
Ambitious Pediatric Nurse Practitioner with [Number] years of experience delivering quality patient care to pediatric populations. Skillful in ordering and interpreting medical tests, performing routi...
5 yrs 3 mo
Perioperative Registered Nurse (Pediatric) @ Hackensack University Medical Center
Dedicated, resourceful, Registered Nurse with more than 30 years of administrative and staff nurse experience. Well-versed in offering evidence-based, therapeutic care for patients in the emergency ro...
32 yrs 2 mo
Pediatric Registered Nurse @ Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, MD, Pediatric Primary Medical Home
Experienced nursing professional bringing demonstrated clinical expertise, leadership skills and technical knowledge. Proficient in updating charts, monitoring medications and working with multidiscip...
15 yrs 4 mo
Registered Nurse, Medical-Surgical/Pediatric Unit @ Nurse First Travel
Driven Registered Nurse with over four years of experience caring for patients within the acute care and non-acute care setting. Smoothly deliver comprehensive patient care and delegate tasks accordin...
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.