Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Certified Nursing Assistant job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Certified Nursing Assistant Resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills To Put in a Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Objective
One of the most important aspects to the creation of a standout resume and a successful job search, in general, is the showcasing of your professional skills. Employers are interested in the abilities and talents of candidates, which is why you should include this information primarily in the objective section at the very beginning of your document. The exact set of skills you use in your resume objective section will depend on your unique abilities, of course. A great strategy when deciding which hard and soft skills to include is to take a close look at the job description. Employers often mention the abilities they value most, and you may find key phrases to use in your own objective statement that apply to your personal skills. Some great skills to include for the certified nursing assistant position specifically are:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, both interpersonal and professional
- Empathy and compassion
- Organization and time management abilities
- Critical thinking, evaluation, and problem-solving
- Detail-oriented patient information collection
- Measure and record patient vital signs
- Expertise and experience with clinical instruments
- Providing aid with personal hygiene
- Providing patient comfort care
- Relaying information to patients and patients’ families
- Analyzing medical charts and patient information
- Transporting patients
Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Objective
Just like you dress, bathe, feed, and change your patients as a certified nursing assistant, the same duties must be done to your resume objective if you hope to stand a good chance of being chosen to fill a job position. Be sure to touch on any special training or experience in your objective and expand upon it in your resume. The main goal with your resume objective is to give the hiring manager a solid idea of the skills and value you bring.
What the Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employees
Your resume objective should convey your skills, education, special qualifications, and experience as a certified nursing assistant. Make sure your objective matches the information contained in your resume. If you have experience in any specialty areas, such as medicine, dentistry, psychology or medical equipment, be sure to mention them in your resume objective. If there is any type of experience you’d like to gain, you might want to touch on that in your resume objective as well.
Sample Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Objectives
Be sure to name the medical, nursing, or residential care facility to which you’re applying in your resume as a way to help the hiring manager envision you working at the facility. Below are examples of resume objectives you can customize to match your experience and education.
1. Seeking to contribute 8 years of experience as a certified nursing assistant primarily in nursing homes to ABC General while working alongside a licensed vocational nurse.
2. Desiring to fill an entry-level certified nursing assistant position with ABC Medical and gain experience in a residential care facility and learn more about properly administering therapy treatments.
3. Looking to apply 3 years of certified nursing assistant experience in ABC Private Hospital and work towards becoming a Certified Medical Assistant.
4. Applying for a position with ABC Hospital as a certified nursing assistant with 4 years of experience with cutting edge medical tools and technology.
5. Compassionate certified nursing assistant with a background in nutrition seeks employment with ABC Medical in a specialized dietitian and nutritionist capacity with a focus on residential care.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.