Fitness Resume Objective
Fitness and personal trainers are professionals that help individuals reach their fitness and health goals. A well-crafted objective helps to show a trainer’s ability to properly fulfill the position. Considering that many employers focus on the objective and may not fully review the entire resume, it is critical to have a solid objective.
What The Fitness Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Fitness and personal trainers perform several different duties, including consulting with clients, developing tailored plans, supervising clients to ensure that they are properly executing the exercises, and more. Many facilities and employers look for trainers to have some sort of certification and experience to show their capabilities. These are all things that should be mentioned in your objective. Being that it is only one sentence long, you must make sure that you keep the information concise and to the point.
Sample Fitness Resume Objectives
Your objective should highlight your skills as well as acknowledge the position and company that you are applying to. The best way to accomplish this is to review the job description that is provided for the position and incorporate the skills that are desired. Below are a few sample fitness and personal trainer resume objectives.
1. Certified personal trainer with X years of experience looking to contribute to a thriving and innovative company such as ABC Company.
2. Client-focused fitness professional certified by the IFPA seeks to join a team that shares a health-driven focus.
3. Dedicated training professional with extensive experience in athletic training desires to secure a fitness trainer position with a leading fitness organization like ABC Company.
4. Experienced coaching professional looking to utilize personal training certification and exceptional client relations skills in a personal training position with a growing, reputable company.
5. Fitness enthusiast with X years of training experience seeking the opportunity to apply strong health and nutrition knowledge, along with excellent customer service and management skills, as a personal trainer with ABC Company.
Skills To Put in a Fitness and Personal Trainer Resume Objective
When you’re writing the objective statement of your fitness and personal trainer resume, don’t just state that your intention is to get a job and then move on to your next section. Include a list of your most relevant skills so you can grab the attention of the hiring manager early on. For this section, focus on your greatest strengths and the required qualifications from the job description. The rest of your skills can go into a dedicated section later on.
You should definitely mention your licenses and certifications here, but don’t forget to include soft skills that show how great you are at working with the public. Emphasize your communication and service abilities along with your technical qualifications.
A few different skills you may want to incorporate into the objective statement of your fitness and personal trainer resume include:
- NATA BOC certification
- Experience analyzing patient data, including health history, goals, and injuries
- Observant and in touch with client needs
- Adept at modifying programs to meet client goals and accommodate client limitations
- Thorough understanding of principles of nutrition
- Experience counseling clients in both fitness and nutrition for overall wellness, weight loss, and strength improvement
- Highly customized personal service
- Extensive practical knowledge of coaching, group instruction, and mentoring techniques
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Group Fitness Coach/Personal Trainer @ The Camp Transformation Center
Executive Assistant with diverse background in business management. Facilitates multiple projects simultaneously. Considered valuable, punctual employee with outstanding calendaring and [Skill] talent...
8 yrs 9 mo
Personal Trainer & Fitness Nutrition Specialist @ SHELL FITNESS LLC
Dedicated educator with strong leadership qualities and focus on achieving program goals. Oversaw internal administrative activities through program planning, guidance and leadership. Expert at coordi...
10 yrs 5 mo
Personal Trainer/Fitness Floor Specialist @ YMCA of Greater Charlotte
Results-focused Personal Trainer. Adult & children certified. Motivated to help people reach their goals. Problem solver. Team worker. Multi-tasking. Computer knowledge. Great listener....
13 yrs 3 mo
Personal Fitness Trainer @ Planet Fitness
Energetic Personal Fitness Trainer with sound knowledge of human anatomy and physiology. Over 2 years of experience serving as a personal fitness trainer in the Chicago area....
Personal Fitness Trainer @ King Fitness
Motivated Athletic and Personal Fitness Trainer with 4 years' experience and specialization in teaching exercises and techniques to clients of all fitness backgrounds. Expert at bolstering clients' fi...
7 yrs 5 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.