Do yourself a service by creating a new customer service resume! Customer service representatives work across a variety of industries. They interact with patrons to answer questions, handle complaints, and process orders. List all roles you have performed that required customer service, and then list the qualities that will make you a great fit for the position, including stellar communication skills, conflict resolution, and problem-solving. Most customer service representative positions don’t require a college degree but do include any unique training you’ve received that could help your perform your job better. See our customer service representative resume example for more ideas.
Resume Tips for Customer Service Representatives
If you’re looking for jobs as a customer service representative, you’ll want to put to use some effective job-seeking skills. The following tips should help keep you on track during this time.
1. Stay positive. Most important of all is keeping a positive mindset. Doing so will help keep everything in perspective and remind you that your unemployment is only temporary. In the meantime, you can always find a part-time gig to alleviate financial stresses.
2. Get creative with your job search. While you may have had your sights set on a particular field or industry, start considering some new options. Attend job fairs and lectures and learn as much as you can about other opportunities.
3. Make goals for yourself. Setting goals that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis will help maximize your productivity. You might, for instance, try to send out a certain number of resumes per week.
4. Connect with your network. Be sure to reach out to any personal or professional contacts that could offer insight into the job market. Their advice will be valuable, and you never know where your next job lead could come from.
5. Make use of social media. Use websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to expand your network. These websites are also used by potential employers to track down your professional profile.
Customer Service Representative Advice
When it comes to finding jobs as a customer service representative, your resume is your calling card. Make sure your resume stands apart from the others with the following tips.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. With the exception of doctors and academics who may be using curricula vitae, there is no need to write more than two pages. Keep your resume writing brief and concise.
2. Do align the text flush left and make use of bullet points. These simple formatting tricks will help your writing stay clear and organized.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Avoid overly used phrases such as “hardworking” and “team player” as these detract from the individuality of your tone.
4. Do use a “Summary of Skills” section to introduce your work history section. This offers your reader an at-a-glance view of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
Customer Service Representative Job Seeking Tips
Qualified customer service representatives are in demand. To win the job, it takes experience, motivation, and communication skills. You’ll also want to have a compelling customer service representative resume that attracts hiring managers. Use the resume examples below to get started on your resume today. These resume examples are sales-oriented, so you’ll be able to use them as a model and adjust the content to personalize your resume as necessary. Click on any of the design options below to start building your resume.
No Experience Customer Service Representative Resume
Want to use this resume?
Customer Service Representative No Experience Resume Tips
If you want to establish a career in customer service, then you must be good with people. You can use your Customer Service Representative no experience resume to highlight the variety of customer interaction skills that you possess. A hiring manager wants to see your experience with the public, and that will be what helps you to land your job in the service industry.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Customer Service Representative job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Customer Service Representative resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.