I have worked at U.S Steel now for 25 years, hiring in 1996 . I have worked both in production and in maintenance at the Great Lakes Works facility. My work experience allows me to represent and understand all aspects of employment for our membership. I have served as a Union Steward and as a Union Safety and Health Representative.
I received Labor Studies education out of Wayne State University in the subjects of Basic Union Skills, Grievance Handling, Advanced Steward Training and facilitation of the Family Leave Act.
I am the Chairman of the Local Unions Rapid Response Committee for almost 3 years now.
I am currently serving as Chairman of the Safety and Health Committee of Division 5 of Great Lakes Works.
I am also serving as the Electrical Safety Committee Chairman at Great Lakes Works
I am currently serving as acting Overall Safety and Health Representative at USW Local 1299.
Work duties and classes performed at Basic level
· Use of and maintenance of personal protection devices and equipment
· Safety and Precision Burning training and use on job
· Basic (Tack) Weld training and use on job
· Electrical training classes in Electrical Safety Part 40, Print Reading, Conduit Bending/Wiring Installation, Basic Industrial Electricity, DC Crane Controls & Maintenance and DC Troubleshooting for use on job
· Safe use and maintenance of all hand and power tools
· Interpret simple blueprints
· Inspect, clean and replace electrical equipment throughout the plant
Work duties and classes performed at Intermediate level
· Continues with Basic duties
· Inspect, clean, replace, adjust and dismantle electrical equipment throughout the plant
· Runs and installs necessary wiring and conduit for lighting
· Continues training in AC/ Electrical, AC Troubleshooting, Motor Theory / Maintenance, Basic Code Awareness NEC, Laser Alignment, Lubrication and Rigging / Lifting
· Trace and test circuits, motors, and generators
Work duties and classes performed at Advance level
· Continues with Basic & Intermediate duties
· Repair and fabricate, install and maintain electrical equipment throughout the plant
· Erect, install and wire transformers, control boards, or various electrical installations
· Maintain electrical apparatus and circuits on mobile equipment, overhead cranes, and welders
· Continues training in Basic Industrial Electronics, Digital Electronics, PLC Basic, Instrumentation/PC, PLC Intermediate
· Analyze and interpret blueprints, drawings, and diagrams
· Continues with advance training High Voltage > 600, Allan Bradley
Written and performance test
· Labor Grade 4 Written Test
· Labor Grade 4 practical test(s) Conduit Bending/Installation, DC Hoist Control Board
· Labor Grade 4 practical test(s) Schematic Drawing, Wiring 440 Motor & Starter Circuit
· Labor Grade 4 practical test(s) PLC, Instrumentation/PC(Control Loop)
State of Michigan licensed Journeyman Electrician
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: