Committed, conscientious, knowledgeable health care professional with five years experience providing high quality care to patients at The University of Michigan Health System Trauma Burn Intensive Care Unit and Operating Rooms. Highly respected by physicians and staff for ability to remain calm in emergency situations, and display remarkable competency in caring for patients with complex medical conditions. Seeking to strengthen my skills and enhance my education at University of Detroit Mercy.
- Collaborate and work efficiently within an interdisciplinary team providing nursing care for 1 to 2 intensive care patients.
- Experience with diverse patient population from the chronically to acutely ill patients, both adult and pediatric.
- Responsible for ventilator assisted patients, titrating drips, following electrolyte protocols and managing all invasive lines.
- Administering conscious sedation patients undergoing wound care, dressing changes and minor bedside procedures, as well as recovering patients retuning from surgery.
- Charge nurse responsibilities, precepting new employees and an effective member of the unit based and workload committees.
- Fulfilled two roles: circulating nurse and scrub nurse
- Circulating nurse: conducted a pre-operative assessment of patients, assisted anesthesia with intubation, patient advocate for proper positioning, collaborated with all members of the surgical team and communicated updates with family members throughout the procedure.
- Scrub nurse: assisted surgeons throughout surgery, responsible for maintaining a sterile field and accurate counts of instruments, sponges and sharps.
- Trained new employees to both circulating and scrub roles
3.5 Cumulative GPA
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: