Certified Registered Nurse with over 10 years of bedside and management nursing experience delivering high-quality care to patients in med-surg, psychiatry, and home care. Proven leader effective at uniting and guiding nursing teams toward achieving patient care goals, improving satisfaction and supporting wide-spread healthcare system improvements. Focused on continuously advancing expertise in acute and chronic medical conditions management while driving innovation.
• Provide care to pre-operative/post-operative patients undergoing orthopedic, cardiovascular, ENT, urology, gynecology, Neuro-surgeries, dental and plastic surgeries.
• Prepare patients for surgery pre-operatively collaborating with MDs/NPs/PAs.
• Provide pre-operative teaching to patients under scope of practice, postoperative care to patients until discharge.
• Delegate patient care appropriately to RNs, LPNs, NAs and other members of the nursing team.
• Assist in bedside procedures, Lumbar punctures, chest tubes and Nasogastric tubes placement.
• Ensure clean and sterile work environment by adhering to infection control standards, safe medication administration.
Prevention and Management of Disruptive Behavior (PMDB)
Nova, Nurses Organizations of Veterans Affairs
Job Titles Held: