To obtain a Registered Nurse position that will provide the opportunity for professional development and career advancement.
Registered Nurse license awarded in state of Missouri June 2011- present
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification August 2009- present
CPR certified through American Heart Association August 2009-present
Registered Nurse: Orthopedic, gynecological and general surgical
*Provide care for pre and post surgical orthopedic, gynecologic, and general surgical patients.
*Perform patient teaching on a variety of topics including but not limited to: post surgical care, preventative care, and medications.
*Proficiently performed a variety of nursing skills including but not limited to: administration of oral, rectal, intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous and transdermal medications; intravenous access insertion, maintenance and removal; nasogastric tube insertion, maintenance and administration of tube feedings; straight and indwelling catheter insertion, maintenance and removal; wound care and dressing changes; accessing and de-accessing implanted port devices.
*Set up and/or maintained medical equipment: IV pumps, PCA pumps, CPM machines, overhead trapeze, abductor pillows, knee and shoulder immobilizer, cold therapy, etc.
*Manage pain effectively through position change, cold therapy, activity and timely administration of medications.
*Accurate documentation in patient charts using Epic computerized documentation program
Registered Nurse: Teen Leadership program
* Provided proper treatment and health education to every camper, staff member and counselor
* Created and maintained a medication administration record (MAR) for each camper receiving scheduled and PRN medications.
* Properly differentiated between medical emergencies and non-emergent medical issues.
* Timely treatment and evaluation of minor illness and injuries of every camper.
* Verified approved prescriptions of every camper for proper medication administration.
* Provided a fully stocked first aid kit for off campus treks which included properly labeled scheduled medications and administration directions for each camper.
Registered Nurse: Orthopedic, Neurological, ENT Surgical and general Med-Surg overflow
* Provided care for pre and post-surgical orthopedic, neurological, ENT and medical surgical overflow patients.
* Performed patient teaching on a variety of topics including post-surgical care and signs and symptoms to monitor and report; pneumonia, infection, pulmonary embolism prevention, medication administration and side effects and activity restrictions.
* Proficiently performed nursing skills including but not limited to: administering oral, rectal, intravenous, intramuscular, transdermal and subcutaneous medications; intravenous insertion, maintenance and removal; nasogastric tube maintenance and administration of tube feedings; straight and indwelling catheter insertion, maintenance and removal; wound care and dressing changes; accessing and de-accessing implanted ports.
* Set up and/or maintained equipment: intravenous pumps, PCA pumps, Perineural infusion pumps, CPM machines, bucks traction, overhead trapeze, abductor pillows, TLSO braces, knee and shoulder immobilizer, and cold therapy.
* Manage pain effectively through position changes, cold therapy, activity, and timely administration of pain medications.
* Performed charge nurse duties on several occasions.
* Obtained patient vital signs, detailed medical history, and description of present ailments.
* Placed patients on therapy including muscle stimulation, lumbar and cervical decompression and initiation of ice and heat therapy.
* Duties included performing front desk tasks (answering phones, scheduling appointments, documenting care and charges on a computerized system, maintaining accuracy and confidentiality while adhering to HIPAA regulations) contacting insurance companies regarding denied claims and confirm coverage for patients.
Awarded May 13, 2011
*Basic Dysrthmia and EKG interpretation course March 2014
* Maintained required hours of completed CEU's for KY state nursing license.
* HIV/AIDS online learning and course completion October 2011
* Diabetes Mellitus CEU September 2010
* Trauma/Pediatric Trauma CEU April 2011
* Training and proficient use of Epic and Meditech Electronic Medical Records systems.
* Ability to quickly become oriented, familiar and comfortable with newly learned processes, skills, procedures and surroundings.
* Ability to communicate in a positive and supportive way with co-workers, physicians, patients and families.
* Strong work ethic and flexibility
* Strong critical thinking skills.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: