Proactive Software Development Engineer in Test professional with 2 years of experience and a proven knowledge of software development and quality assurance testing. Expert in FINRA big data and AWS stack including ETL Management and Data Manager.
• Wrote, optimized, and fixed hundreds of test cases in the beta test suite to maximize success of software testing with consistent, thorough approaches.
• Programmed three parallel implementations in Scala using the Spark framework that would execute SQL queries on a database and save the output to be analyzed.
• Conducted A2A comparisons using Databricks and parallel implementations to ensure new builds are providing expected outputs.
• Overhauled entire test suite that would not run and added ability to run tests for multiple market centers with one click without any manual intervention.
• Interacted with AWS EMR clusters to facilitate ETL processes by manually adding/updating steps and logging into clusters through SSH to set up source objects.
• Debugged code and located root causes of bugs by reviewing logs, SQL files, and running queries on AWS EMR clusters.
• Discovered and fixed a critical bug that was present in an ETL process for over three years by creating a parallel implementation that would compare outputs.
• Collaborated with developers and product owners to stay current on product features and intended functionality.
• Created accurate and efficient Bash scripts to facilitate automated testing of products and features.
• Worked on FINRA's open source testing tool, MegaSparkDiff, by adding additional functionality such as reading from a CSV file and allowing for specified DDLs.
• Took on a developer role and successfully completed a story when lead developer was occupied with production issues.
• Operated under Agile and Scrum frameworks to complete releases every two weeks.
• Verified and ensured that QA release branches were up to date after each release.
• Participated in and won a Hackathon challenge hosted on the ImmersiveLabs platform.
• Assisted in the interview process of new employees by posing interview questions and providing internal feedback.
• Participated in a three month training program on full-stack software development using HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery, Angular, XML, and JSON for the front-end and Java, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, and JDBC for the back-end.
• Met with trainer on weekly basis to provide detailed project report and milestone updates.
• Collaborated with other developers to identify and alleviate number of bugs and errors in software.
• Gathered and defined user and leadership requirements for each project.
Caliber Screenforce Project
• Led team of two developers to test front and back-end code using Jasmine, Karma, JUnit, and Spring Boot Test.
• Conducted daily scrum meetings to go over blockers and future plans.
• Performed code reviews to maximize test coverage.
• Created documentation of testing procedures for future modifications.
• Developed a social media platform with a team of four using Java for the back-end, Angular for the front-end, and PostgreSQL as the database.
• Acted as Git Master by reviewing pull requests and ensuring all branches were up to date.
• Created routes to navigate between different views within the application.
• Connected to back-end technology using services to handle user requests.
• Implemented component for like/dislike functionality with dynamic updating of counts and custom images.
• Generated a component for reposting functionality.
• Mapped post entities to database tables using Hibernate.
• Handled create, read, update, and delete requests using controllers and repositories.
• Conducted functional testing on game builds to sweep for bugs, software errors, and stability issues.
• Checked games for ratings, technical requirements, and legal issues using compliance testing strategies.
• Performed localization testing by playing through game builds and ensuring that translations were accurate.
• Executed soak tests by leaving the game open for prolonged periods of time in various modes of operation.
• Completed regression testing by ensuring that new game builds fixed known and reported bugs while making sure that no new bugs were introduced.
• Coordinated with other game testers to conduct multiplayer testing to ensure that all supported connectivity methods were functioning as expected.
• Gathered data on issues and vulnerabilities obtained through testing strategies and reported all findings, including improvement recommendations.
• Assessed software bugs and compiled findings along with steps to recreate the issue in documentation to report to developers.
• Performed initial inspection of reservoir assembly, noting defects, missing pieces, and entered results into the Quantum management system.
• Conducted manual testing of valve systems to ensure proper functionality using low volume leak tests and pull force tests.
• Troubleshot problems as necessary, including unexpected leakage or incorrect pull force.
• Disassembled valves to replace damaged components as well as internal o-rings and back-up rings.
• Reassembled valves according to the guidelines and perform additional testing to see if prior problems were resolved.
• Filled reservoirs with correct amounts of CO2 and N2 according to the component maintenance manual specifications.
• Performed final inspection and testing of completed reservoir and valve/regulator assembly, ensuring correct pressures, no leakage, and all necessary items are properly installed.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: