Proactive Software Development Engineer in Test professional with 2 years of experience and a proven knowledge of software development and quality assurance testing. Expert in FINRA big data and AWS stack including ETL Management and Data Manager.
• Wrote, optimized, and fixed hundreds of test cases in the beta test suite to maximize success of software testing with consistent, thorough approaches.
• Programmed three parallel implementations in Scala using the Spark framework that would execute SQL queries on a database and save the output to be analyzed.
• Conducted A2A comparisons using Databricks and parallel implementations to ensure new builds are providing expected outputs.
• Overhauled entire test suite that would not run and added ability to run tests for multiple market centers with one click without any manual intervention.
• Interacted with AWS EMR clusters to facilitate ETL processes by manually adding/updating steps and logging into clusters through SSH to set up source objects.
• Debugged code and located root causes of bugs by reviewing logs, SQL files, and running queries on AWS EMR clusters.
• Discovered and fixed a critical bug that was present in an ETL process for over three years by creating a parallel implementation that would compare outputs.
• Collaborated with developers and product owners to stay current on product features and intended functionality.
• Created accurate and efficient Bash scripts to facilitate automated testing of products and features.
• Worked on FINRA's open source testing tool, MegaSparkDiff, by adding additional functionality such as reading from a CSV file and allowing for specified DDLs.
• Took on a developer role and successfully completed a story when lead developer was occupied with production issues.
• Operated under Agile and Scrum frameworks to complete releases every two weeks.
• Verified and ensured that QA release branches were up to date after each release.
• Participated in and won a Hackathon challenge hosted on the ImmersiveLabs platform.
• Assisted in the interview process of new employees by posing interview questions and providing internal feedback.
• Participated in a three month training program on full-stack software development using HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery, Angular, XML, and JSON for the front-end and Java, Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, and JDBC for the back-end.
• Met with trainer on weekly basis to provide detailed project report and milestone updates.
• Collaborated with other developers to identify and alleviate number of bugs and errors in software.
• Gathered and defined user and leadership requirements for each project.
Caliber Screenforce Project
• Led team of two developers to test front and back-end code using Jasmine, Karma, JUnit, and Spring Boot Test.
• Conducted daily scrum meetings to go over blockers and future plans.
• Performed code reviews to maximize test coverage.
• Created documentation of testing procedures for future modifications.
• Developed a social media platform with a team of four using Java for the back-end, Angular for the front-end, and PostgreSQL as the database.
• Acted as Git Master by reviewing pull requests and ensuring all branches were up to date.
• Created routes to navigate between different views within the application.
• Connected to back-end technology using services to handle user requests.
• Implemented component for like/dislike functionality with dynamic updating of counts and custom images.
• Generated a component for reposting functionality.
• Mapped post entities to database tables using Hibernate.
• Handled create, read, update, and delete requests using controllers and repositories.
• Conducted functional testing on game builds to sweep for bugs, software errors, and stability issues.
• Checked games for ratings, technical requirements, and legal issues using compliance testing strategies.
• Performed localization testing by playing through game builds and ensuring that translations were accurate.
• Executed soak tests by leaving the game open for prolonged periods of time in various modes of operation.
• Completed regression testing by ensuring that new game builds fixed known and reported bugs while making sure that no new bugs were introduced.
• Coordinated with other game testers to conduct multiplayer testing to ensure that all supported connectivity methods were functioning as expected.
• Gathered data on issues and vulnerabilities obtained through testing strategies and reported all findings, including improvement recommendations.
• Assessed software bugs and compiled findings along with steps to recreate the issue in documentation to report to developers.
• Performed initial inspection of reservoir assembly, noting defects, missing pieces, and entered results into the Quantum management system.
• Conducted manual testing of valve systems to ensure proper functionality using low volume leak tests and pull force tests.
• Troubleshot problems as necessary, including unexpected leakage or incorrect pull force.
• Disassembled valves to replace damaged components as well as internal o-rings and back-up rings.
• Reassembled valves according to the guidelines and perform additional testing to see if prior problems were resolved.
• Filled reservoirs with correct amounts of CO2 and N2 according to the component maintenance manual specifications.
• Performed final inspection and testing of completed reservoir and valve/regulator assembly, ensuring correct pressures, no leakage, and all necessary items are properly installed.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: