Over ten years of accounting experience, most currently in the not-for-profit environment working in fund accounting and financial management of grants and contracts.
Interested in a challenging position as an Accountant which will lead to a long term career relationship with a leading organization.
* Microsoft Office * Knowledge of GAAP * Advantage Financial System * Financial Data Warehouse * Detail oriented, work well independently or in a team environment
- Office of Sponsored Programs, Post-Award
* Monitor awards and sub awards to ensure compliance with University policy, State and Federal regulations, and sponsoring agency terms and conditions;
* Drawdowns, familiar with various federal websites like PMS, Grant Solutions, ASAP, WAWF, DOJ;
* Work directly with the research faculty to make adjustments to the budgets per sponsor terms and conditions, ensure that budget justifications meet sponsor requirements;
* Preparation of journal entries to transfer expenditures, overdrafts, and/or record revenue;
* Approval of purchase orders, travel documents, personnel action forms, interdepartmental transfers, etc. based on the approved budgets; * Monthly or quarterly reconciliations, invoicing, and financial reporting to sponsors;
* Prepare and submit quarterly and annual SF-425s; provide closeout documents to sponsors as required;
* Work with Principal Investigators and departmental staff to ensure a smooth closeout of grants and contracts;
* Responsible for the follow-up of outstanding accounts receivables for my assigned workload;
* Work with sponsor's auditors to provide documentation and ensure that issues are quickly and properly addressed;
* Familiar with A-21 and A-110, currently familiarizing myself with the new OMB Uniform Guidance; * Prepare audit schedules for the A-133 audit, provide documentation as requested for the audit samples;
* Special projects.
- Office of the Controller;
* Preparation of annual financial statements, schedules and reconciliations for various funds; * Preparation of year-end adjusting entries, schedules and working papers; * Responsible for the chart of accounts, opening and closing accounts as needed; * Collection of data needed for the preparation of financial statements and footnotes; * Interaction with departments within the University, including Budget, Purchasing, etc.; * Special projects as needed.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: