I help people make sense of data, and I help organizations answer questions with data through visual reports and in-depth analysis.
Complex Ad-Hoc Data Analysis
Analysis: Online Profiles for Healthcare Providers: Which Profile Fields Do Patients Care About Most?
• Patients visit a hospital or health system's “Find a Doctor” page to view profiles of multiple doctors and choose one for an appointment booking. For certain profile fields, doctors have the option to fill them out or leave them empty. Which profile fields are the most important for a doctor to fill out in order to attract patients?
• I designed and implemented all ETL and data processing using SQL, surfaced the data using an interactive Tableau dashboard, and wrote an accessible guide document to explain the results and the predictive methods used.
• The results of this analysis became a key component of conversations with hospitals and health systems about how they can improve their provider profile data to increase the number of appointments booked.
KPI Dashboard and KPI Benchmarks Dashboard
• Two dashboards used by Kyruus clients (hospitals and health systems) to measure their KPIs on their own and relative to other clients.
• Designed and implemented the data visualization using GoodData.
• Wrote ETL jobs for data processing in Matillion.
• Presented in a talk at ATLAS, the largest patient access conference for U.S. hospitals and health systems.
Website Analytics Dashboard
• Designed to provide insight into user behavior within the appointment booking funnel, including page visits, CTA (call to action) clicks, and each step of the online appointment booking process.
• Analysis used to guide conversations with clients on improving the user experience at various points in the funnel.
GoodData DB to Redshift Conversion
• Worked on a team of five to convert our ETL jobs from a legacy GoodData database to a new Amazon Redshift DB using Matillion.
● Designed client-facing reports and dashboards using Tableau, showing patterns in the generation of new health plans and changes to existing plans.
● Led the selection process for a reporting platform to be used for realtime report generation on a NoSQL database, and implemented HighRoads' first self-service reports for clients.
● Lead engineer for the QHP Project: the healthcare industry's first product for automating the submission of health plans for Medicare Qualified Health Plan status.
● Implemented a text generation program to transform data from abstract database format (JSON) into human-readable language for submission to CMS.
● Helped guide a 3.4-million-member health plan in moving from manual language generation for QHP submission to the automated system.
● Introduced the use of charts and graphs in company reports to improve understanding of service usage and customer behavior.
● Worked with staff, department heads, and top executives to design reports to assist in strategic decision-making.
● Designed reports to predict shifts in user base and target geographic regions with high usage of NaviNet's services.
● Integrated external data sources (public NPPES physician data and proprietary physician data) into NaviNet reports.
● Designed and coded a data mart (reporting database) to store data more efficiently for reporting.
● Designed and coded ETL (data transfer) scripts to process data from multiple sources.
● "Physician Radar": Interactive dashboard built on NaviNet data, NPPES public-use physician data, and proprietary physician data. Allows users to analyze the population of physicians (primarily focused on oncologists) within different regions of the United States and understand their connections to various health plans.
● “Public Data Exchange”: As part of an annual event at NaviNet, I led a team of five on a two-day project of my choice, which I presented to the company at large. We created a series of reports that showed the advantages of integrating public CMS data with NaviNet data, and proposed ways to release HIPAA-compliant datasets from NaviNet for public use.
● “Utilization Metrics Dashboard”: A dashboard that monitors utilization of the various services available within the NaviNet software. Used to analyze seasonal variation in product usage, find days and times with the heaviest network traffic, understand the impact of network outages, and predict future need for customer support staffing.
● “Subscription Payment Dashboard”: Interactive report for sales staff, built in SSRS, showing customers who had signed up for a subscription product and had not paid. This report resulted in an estimated $1 million in savings to NaviNet in its first year of use.
Double major in Computer Science and English Literature. I completed a capstone project in Artificial Intelligence, in which I designed a neural network that performed a novel solution for the XOR problem.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: