Dedicated Associate Degree Nurse, in process of becoming a Bachelor Degree Nurse, with 22 years clinical practicum experience and passion for delivering quality healthcare. Skilled at establishing care plans and educating patients and families. Offering caring bedside manner, patient-centric focus and expertise in discharge management.
Self Regional Hospital: CICU and ICU, Dec 2014 - Oct 2020:
* Cardiovascular Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit:
* Respiratory failure and ventilator patients,
* Cardiac / MI and Heart Catheter patients, and continuing with a * * Coronary Artery Bypass Graft, CABG, post operative patients.
* Chest Tubes and the discontinuing of Chest Tubes,
* Removing Pacemaker wires after surgery and
* Rehabilitation of the patient, leading to their discharge to a Nursing Rehabilitation.
* Recognizing very early signs of problems postoperatively and treating to prevent the decline of the patient.
* Prepared to perform Cardiac Arrest procedures with a CABG patient which is a different protocol and technique than for general hospital admitted patients.
* Therapeutic Temperature Management after a witnessed cardiac arrest.
* CRRT, Chronic Renal Replacement Therapy/Dialysis
I began my career as a nursing assistant while I was in school to obtain my Associate Degree in Nursing. I was given the opportunity to work as a Nursing Assistant/Unit Clerk from mid-education to ADN certification. This was beneficial in assisting me to learn the interactions between nursing, patients, and supervisors in response to patient care needs, as well as creating a ready for patient care environment. I realized how important it was and is to mentor new nurses coming into the field, as each nurse I worked with, mentored me well - mentoring that was ongoing when my orientation to being a Critical Care nurse was cut short from six months to six weeks. Those nurses are the reason I became the nurse that I am today.
After graduation from Blue Ridge Community College, I completed several classes needed for my BSN, prior to beginning education at LIberty University. Surry Community College, Johnston Community College and Albermarle Community College were three online coarse available schools. I became a single mother of two boys, 3 years and 7 years, just before starting nursing school. My hope has always been to encourage my family to continue their education to improve their opportunities for a better future.
American Association of Critical Care Nurses
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: