Hardworking and resourceful Registered Nurse with 10 years of experience in providing individualized patient care. Committed to delivering best-in-class patient care through effective education and counseling. Proven leadership focused on increasing and enhancing patient care and satisfaction. Streamline safety protocols for comprehensive patient care. Possessing excellent work ethic, compassion and commendable interpersonal skills.
Dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) with progressive career history in direct patient care, triage and care coordination in fast-paced environment. Proven ability to remain calm under pressure and skillfully handle difficult patients and high-stress situations. Consistently developing strong relationships with patients and families through empathetic communication, respectful attitude and excellent customer service.
1. Assesses patient status on admission to the preop area, the post-op area, and on a continuing basis. 2. Provides safe, therapeutic quality care to patients by utilizing the nursing process and nursing
diagnosis in a timely manner and by setting appropriate priorities. Coordinates nursing
interventions to enhance achievement of expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for
discharge. Documents interventions and patient's responses.
3.Communicates appropriate information regarding patient conditions to those who require the information including, surgeons, anesthesia, management and other staff.
4. Safely carries out physician's orders correctly and promptly, documenting all activities.
5. Initiates and participates in patient and family education. Assesses learning needs according to
patient's level of understanding and readiness to learn
6. Maintain competencies in conscious sedation administration and monitoring of sedated patient.
Including airway protection, assessment and support of sedated patients.
7. Protect sedated and anesthetized patients by identifying safety hazards such as electrical,
equipment, pressure points and by minimizing exposure to maintain privacy and body
8. Assesses, anticipates and implements appropriate care through out the surgical process.
1. Current member of Staffing Committee and Professional Nurse Care Committee. I also take part in the Unit Council.
2. initiated and implemented aromatherapy patches for patient suffering from nausea or anxiety.
3. Part of a group of nurses to implement medicating hysterectomy patient with a B&O suppository to decrease pain post surgery.
1. Provided direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of
scientific nursing principles.
2. Consulted and coordinated with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
3. Prepared and administered (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
4. Initiated corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
5. Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients, Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
6. Responded to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
7. Participated in discharge planning.
8. Utilized time management skills.
9. Recorded all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms .
1. Assessed physical, functional, psychosocial, and cognitive status of the home care patient utilizing interview observations and physical exam techniques.
2. Assessed the home environment for safety, infection control, and community resource needs.
3. Collected information for assessment with the patient, family, physician and other health care team members.
4. Incorporatds multidisciplinary data into the nursing assessment of the home care patient.
5. Provided ongoing nursing assessment with the patient, family and home environment to determine
physiologic or psychosocial risk. Applies previous nursing experience and base of knowledge and adapted with the patient and family in a home setting.
6. Assesses for the presence of advanced directives and facilitates further action in obtaining information about or implementing advanced directives if indicated.
1. Planed with the patient, family and physician for care which is feasible within the physical, financial and emotional resources of the family.
2. Established individualized, measurable goals in consultation with the patient, family and other health care providers.
3. Anticipated home care needs and seeks a wide range of community resources to facilitate problem solving.
4. Developed standards of care for patients in the home setting.
5. Utilized home care standards and regulatory guidelines in developing an individualized care plan with each patient and family.
6. Maintained a working knowledge of community resources and refers patients and families appropriately.
1. Provided skilled nursing care, preventative rehabilitative procedures, and prescribed treatments with a variety of patient populations within various potentially complex home situations.
2. Maintained technical skills according to agency standards, as measured by competency assessments during orientation and annually.
3. Implemented safe, competent care with home care patients and families within the Home Health Agency's policies, procedures and standards of care.
4. Accurately followed established infection control and safety policies and procedures.
5. Directed the use of equipment and supplies in an efficient and cost effective manner.
6. Coordinated and directs the care of a caseload of home patients.
7. Set priorities of home care caseload adapting to the changing needs of the home care patients and families.
8. Utilized resources to problem solve new or unfamiliar patient situations.
9. Worked collaboratively with multiple community resources to best meet the needs with the home care patient and family.
Documented components of the nursing process to reflect a comprehensive and integrated approach to nursing care.
10. Recognized potential problems and sets priorities according to change in the home care patients condition.
11. In response to information indicating urgent and/or emergent risk to home care patients, notifies the physician immediately and notifies the supervisor of the action taken.
12. Served as a role model and resource to other nurses regarding the care with patients and families at home.
1. Evaluated patient's responses to care based on a continuing assessment and analysis of nursing intervention and alternatives for nursing care.
2. Initiated change in the care plan based on this evaluation.
3. Informed the physician, nurse manager, and other appropriate members of the health care team of changes in the patient's condition and needs.
4. Facilitated and coordinates interdisciplinary care conferences with groups of complex patients.
5. Exhibited sound nursing judgment and decision making skills in coordinating patient care.
Patient, family and caregiver education:
1. Identified and adapted teaching materials with home care patients and families. Creatively uses these tools to maximize the learner's success.
2. Involved the home care patient and family in identification of individual requirements/perceptions of learning needs.
3. Continually assessed patient/family level of understanding and adjusts teaching and plan of care accordingly.
4. Ensured that the home care patient and family demonstrate the knowledge and abilities regarding home care rights and responsibilities, diagnosis, health care status, treatment, skills, medication regime, advance directives, and adaptive behaviors gained as a result of teaching interventions.
5. Developed, implements and evaluates teaching programs with home care patients and families.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: