I am a caring, hardworking and service-oriented Registered Nurse with fourteen years of nursing experience. Flexible, open minded and willing to undertake new tasks, overcome challenges and gain additional knowledge in the continuum of quality expertise patient care service. I am passionate about critical care and communicating to patients family every step of the way.
· Administer feed and medication via PEG tube
Urinary catheter insertion
· Naso-gastric insertion
· Delivery table set up
· Monitoring fetal heart rate using the CTG machine or the Piccard
· Monitoring uterine contraction- rate, rhythm, frequency
· Fungal massage (postnatal)
· Performs vaginal delivery
· Speculum vaginal examination
· Digital vaginal examination
· Pelvic examination
· Dipstick urinalysis
· Clean catch urine for culture and sensitivity
· Finger stick for blood glucose monitoring
· Throat swab
· Vaginal/ cervical swabbing
· Cord blood collection for screening such as sickle
· Caesarean section wound care
· High vaginal swabbing
· Performs sterile dressing change
· Preforms episiotomy
· Episiotomy care
· Nasopharyngeal suctioning
· Artificial rupture of membrane
· Isolation of patients with communicable disease
· Performs ECG
· Usage of AED machine
· Caring for neonate undergoing phototherapy
· Medication administration – IV, IM, SC, PO, SL
· Measuring the neonate –weight, length, head circumference
· Administers oxygen therapy to patients
· Circulating Nurse in procedures such as D & C
· Gaining IV access
· Suturing of episiotomy and vaginal wall and perineum laceration
· Performing Vaginal deliveries
· Abdominal palpation
Child health clinic
Administer vaccines to adults and children
Hotel nurse (tourism Industry)
Worked as hotel nurse in more than seventeen major hotels across Jamaica. Administration of medications to staff and guests.
Documentation of nurse's assessments and mediation administration; incident reporting as well as giving verbal and written report to hotel managers and the local health department.
Checking and updating emergency supplies and equipments
Administering quality patient care to people from different culture, race, ethnic background, age, gender and social class.
Prepare weekly hotel surveillance report for the public health department
Notify the public health department of disease outbreak in the hotel, such as gastrointestinal cases or any other cases in question Administration of vaccines to United States of America (USA) prospective immigrants according to the USA schedule.
Checking and reporting shortage of vaccine stock.
Maintaining the vaccines cold chain.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: