Highly engaged, board certified RN with 5+ years of Emergency Department experience. I thrive in the fast-paced, bustling culture of emergency medicine, with the ability to maintain focused and confidence in stressful situations. I am eager to serve and honor our American Veterans by applying my knowledge and skill set, in collaboration with the health care team to facilitate acute and long-term, holistic care.
· Flexible schedule, with experience working day shift, various mid shifts, and night shift
· Board Certified Emergency Nurse since 2017, and department mentor for nurses taking the CEN exam
· Highly skilled in ultrasound IV placement, managing various cardiac drips, ESI triage algorithm, 3 lead EKG interpretation, de-escalation techniques, restraint and splint application.
· Assessed, planned, and implemented holistic nursing care for culturally diverse patients of all ages
· Proficient in managing emergency care for cardiac, respiratory, GI, GU, pediatrics, OB, psych, neuro, stable trauma, and vascular patients.
· Formally recognized by patients and coworkers for excellent communication, team work, flexibility, compassionate bedside care, and a valued department resource.
· Active member of the hospital engagement committee, and unit nurse practice counsel. Participated in hospital/department specific PDSA meetings and quality improvement projects with achievement of projected outcomes.
· Former member of the Hospital Emergency Response Team (HERT).
· Serves as a trusted preceptor, while working in collaboration with department educator and leadership by participating in educational activities that promotes staff and patient education
· RN- Registered Nurse, FL, Expires: April, 2021
· CEN- Certified Emergency Nurse, BCEN, Board of Certification of Emergency Nursing, Expires: 7/27/2021
· ACLS- Advance Cardiac Life Support, AHA, American Heart Association, Expires: 9/11/2021
· PALS- Pediatric Advance Care Life Support, AHA, American Heart Association, Expires: 9/11/2021
· BLS- Basic Life Support, AHA, American Heart Association, Expires: 9/11/2021
· TNCC- Trauma Nurse Core Course, ENA, Emergency Nurse Association, Expired: 8/24/2020 (scheduled December 2020 renewal)
· NCI- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, CPI, Crisis Prevention Institute, Expires 2/26/2020
· NIHSS- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale, Blue Cloud, Expires 10/2021
· Assesses patients needs and develops individualized plan of care, implements and evaluates plan of care based on patient responses that progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
· Performing and interpreting vital signs; documenting/reporting abnormal results to physician
· Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills by using critical thinking and problem solving to provide emergent age appropriate care.
· Coordinates collaborative care and delegates as appropriate based on patients needs and team member capabilities/scope of practice.
· Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to: patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
· Collaborate with nurses and rapid response team for patient transfers to ICU or Tertiary Hospitals.
· Administer medication such as antibiotics, blood products, various cardiac drips, TPA, and narcotics safely using the 5 rights of medication administration in accordance with KBMA medication scanning system
· Performing competencies such as cleaning and dressing wounds/lacerations, inserting peripheral IV's, drawing blood, NG tube insertion, restraint application
· Assisting physicians with procedures such as precipitous deliveries, moderate sedation, spinal tap, chest tube insertion
· Monitoring laboratory values such as blood tests, urinalysis, stool samples, bacterial/viral swabs and reporting critical/STAT results to physician.
· Immediately assess/triage patients upon arrival to the hospital while determining acuity level according to ESI triage algorithm.
· Perform sterile procedures while maintaining sterile technique such as urethral catheterizations, central line dressing changes, accessing ports
· Provide appropriate discharge instructions, education, and follow up resources to patients
· Monitor, treat, and facilitate bed placement for psychiatric hold patients.
· GPA: 4.0
· GPA: 3.262
· Florida Student Nurse Association (FSNA), attended 2013 state conference
· GPA: 3.906
· National Honors Society
· GPA: 4.50
· Honors/ Valencia College Dual Enrolment
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: