Labor and Delivery Nurse
Bilingual (Spanish/English), dedicated worker with great customer service and strong interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively with people of various ages and cultural backgrounds. Also, demonstrate ability to provide efficient time management. Motivated to learn and grow in any work setting placed.
• Collected medical history , medication history, and reason for visit.
• Obtained vital signs, height, weight, and peak flow reading.
• Performed spirometries and obtained nasal smears.
• Administered medications by mouth, injections, or inhaled.
• Educated patients and families on specific topics: use and effects of medications, use of peak flows, spacers, environmental control, and immunotherapy protocol.
• Monitored patient for local or systemic reaction after receiving allergy injection.
• Performed percutaneous skin testing and intradermal and measured and recorded results
• Experience with eCW electronic system
• Completed school forms related to medications..
Health Ministry Leader at Seventh Day Adventist Church January 2020- Present
Pasadena Seventh Day Adventist Church- Pasadena, TX
Church Teacher 07/2009-2013
Magnolia Park Seventh Day Adventist Church – Houston, TX
ADN Mobility Club 12/2013
• Collected cans and clothes to donate to "The Bridge Over Troubled Waters", a center for people who have been affected by sexual assault or homelessness.
LBJ Hospital 02/2009-05/2009
• Directed patients to desired location.
• Interpreted for Spanish- speaking visitors or patient.
• Ensured patient and customer satisfaction.
Employee of the year- 12/2016
Cornerstone Hospital- Webster, TX
National Organization of Associate Degree Nursing Conference -11/2013
• Presented poster regarding patient advocacy on entry level of nursing school. I partnered with another student to explain a letter that was written to the legislator regarding our concerns in the medical field and legislator's feedback. I was given a certificate for participating at the conference.
Job Titles Held: