Accomplished Long-Term Care Registered Nurse with expertise in emergency services, patient care and team leadership. Passionate for driving positive outcomes for diverse types of patients with and without medical insurance coverage. Dedicated to enhancing quality of care, safety and efficiency. Have extensive clinical hours in the Houston Methodist health care system (Med-Surge/Critical Care, >600 practice hours), Westpark Springs (Mental Health, 96 hours) Thomas Edison Middle School (Community nursing, 96 hours), and The Woman's Hospital of Texas (OB/Pediatrics, 72 hours); education received at Western Governor's University-Houston, Texas
• COVID-19 Unit Primary Charge Nurse- effectively managed, assessed, treated, and resuscitated over 65 impacted patients. Ensured quality and prompt care with focus on respiratory monitory and nutrition. Efforts garnered a 97% survival rate.
• In collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, provides care for patients admitted to a Long-Term Care facility with multiple chronic illnesses to include, but not limited Heart Failure, Coronary
Artery Disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, End Stage Renal Disease ensuring a smooth transition through the continuum of care with safe patient discharge
being the ultimate goal or ensuring constant positive patient outcomes.
• Utilizing the nursing process, manages a caseload of up to 32 patients, providing education, treatments, IV therapy, gastric tubing care, ostomy care, oxygen therapy, and wound care.
• Supervise two patient care techs responsible for activities of daily living (ADLs), recording I/O's, patient skin monitoring, and patient hygiene ensuring all residents receive the highest level of patient care.
• Assess patients, review labs and diagnostic tests, and responding to and reporting anyacute changes
in patient condition to healthcare providers.
• Accurately documents all elements of the physical assessment, treatments, medications and
admission in the electronic medical record.
• Work as a part of team to stabilize and resuscitate patients who have a change in condition or
present with fatal cardiac arrhythmias or respiratory distress.
• Delivered, processed, and reviewed over 42,000 prescriptions quarterly for the 3rd largest jail in the country, servicing over 10,000 patients, 168,000 prescriptions annually.
•Received, reviewed, dispensed and labeled over 450 prescriptions daily with expert accuracy.
•Dispensed state of the art first doses, assisting licensed vocational nurses (LVN's) with direct drug administration with 100% accuracyensuring prompt and therapeutic care given in emergent and non emergent cases with over 250 first doses provided daily.
• Filled floor stock medications with 250 unit items daily. Corrected errors and assisted with compounding in direct drug dispensing/administration with 100% accuracy.
Registered Nurse -Texas RN #1001442
American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider
Certified Pharmacy Technician
IV Sterile Compounding Certification
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: