Dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) with progressive career history in direct patient care and coordination in fast-paced environment. Proven ability to remain calm under pressure and skillfully handle difficult patients and high-stress situations. Consistently developing strong relationships with patients and families through empathetic communication, respectful attitude and excellent customer service. Able to float to and adapt quickly to various departments, including ICU, Neuroscience, NICU, Pediatrics, Med/Surg, Telemetry, Ortho Surgery, Women's Surgical Services, and Rehabilitation. Current BLS/ACLS.
* Nursing care and supervision of 15-20 adult psychiatric patients in given 12 hour shifts in busy maximum security psychiatric facility, rotating between men's, women's and juvenile wards when necessary.
* Admitted new patients using standing hospital protocols for interviews and physical exams; established plan of care unique to each patient, per facility policy.
* Exercised vigilant precautions, such as frequent rounds/checking on patients to ensure patient/staff safety at all times.
* Checked on patients at night with "every 15-minute" rounding and documented findings in appropriate log book.
* Facilitated therapeutic communication, conflict resolution and crisis intervention.
* Monitored patients undergoing withdrawal from substance abuse and those on suicide watch, and documented findings.
* Delivered outstanding nursing care of up to 08 adult patients in long term acute care hospital with varying acuity levels and needs.
* Rotated between Med/Surg and ICU departments, provided care for 2-3 ICU patients needing ventilator/tracheostomy management and up to 8 patients in medical/surgical unit.
* Educated updated patients and families regarding diagnosis, disease process, management and lifestyle adjustments to prevent complications.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: