Personnel Security Specialist with experience in e-QIP and Government Security Programs for the proper management of clearance processing. Knowledge of identifying vulnerabilities for clients and individuals requesting clearances for employment. Manage database programs for clearance request routing and efficiency in workflow and proper briefing materials. Strong ability to apply critical thinking while solving practical problems and effectively manage a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Top Secret Level Clearance
● Proficient in MS Office, Word 365, SharePoint
● USA Access Activator, Registrar
● e-QIP NP2 Portal, JPAS/DISS/SMIS/SWFT, CVS/PIPS, HSPD12
● Security Executive Agent Directives (SEADs)
● Personnel Security processing with demonstrated analytical ability to critically review and analyze various types of incoming material and investigate reports for processing of potential security vulnerabilities and identify viable investigative leads.
● Work in all disciplines of personnel security and will be a part of the team to implement personnel security processes and tools for centrally managing the company's DoD personnel security program
● Processing personnel security background investigation information for completeness and accuracy prior routing to the customer for determination of security clearances.
● Review and submit Personnel Security Questionnaires (SF86) for completeness and accuracy, conducting pre-employment checks, coordinating with team members to ensure security forms are complete for entry-on-duty and final adjudication.
● Support company prescreening activities, conduct and interpreting database checks and credit reports.
● Initiate, process, review, track and monitor security clearance processing activities
● Update and maintain the overall clearance/access database JPAS and CATS, and ManTech's personnel security database
● Manage material and personnel records, deliver Personnel Security briefings and debriefings. Implement policy on Continuous Evaluation (CE). Verify Facility Clearance information from National Industrial Security System.
● Process security clearances (National Agency Check with Law & Credit Checks, Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), SSBI Periodic Reinvestigation (SBPR), Periodic Phased Reinvestigation (PPR).
● Process positions requiring Suitability requirements (National Agency Check (NAC), National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI), Background Investigation (BI), Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI), High Risk Background Investigation, Position of Public Trust)
● Utilize all information disclosed from referrals and background investigations, make recommendations concerning the issuance of security clearance or public trust certification. Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-Qip) through the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and other Government databases. Serve as a tehnical authority for the development and interpretation of personnel security guidelines, policies, and regulations. Initiate positions of public trust (Suitability/Favorability) through the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Portal. Coordinate with OPM regard personnel investigations.
● Conduct quality control review of investigation packages (Questionnaire for National Security Positions SF86, 85, 85P's, etc.) ensure completion and accuracy prior to submission.
● Process Sensitive Compartmented Information packages and Special Access Program packages.
● Maintain clearances in JPAS and Access Commander through completion. Communication clearances decision with personnel and clients.
● Review Security Pre-Screen Forms for all applicants requiring a security clearance or Position of Trust and providing results utilizing Adjudicative Guidelines for Determining Eligibility for Access to Classified Information.
● Prepare and transmit briefing packages for presentation for cleared employees.
● Liaison for clients, provide Personnel Security customer service to Project Managers, Project Administrators, cleared and non-cleared applicants.
● Conduct quality control audits that consist of updating records, and security files in various levels of completeness.
● Process access requests and badge requests. Prepare and submit monthly reports to include the number of cleared investigations and pending clearances.
● Prepare documents for credentialing. Safeguard, transmit, reproduce, and destroy classified material following agency procedures and guidelines.
● Assist Senior Personnel Security Specialists with applicable regulations, Executive Orders, agency Security Directives and OPM guidelines. Tracked action status within the NIH tracking system of personnel suitability and various security investigations.
● Provided production statistics and reports to Sr. Managers Managed the DPSAC Case Review and Case Management Team.
● Managed and delegated e-QIP requests.
● Served as a DPSAC representative and liaison for the NIH New Employee Orientation.
● Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures to help enhance and improve the Security and Suitability Program.
● Conducted thorough analysis of cases reviewed by specialists to ensure quality assurance and compliance.
● Developed and implemented process to maintain and increase case review efficiency and quality. Conducted initial suitability, security review and pre-adjudication for various levels of investigations. Transmitted personnel security packages to appropriate investigative agency.
● Provide administrative actions to senior personnel. Performed various administrative office functions.
● Sponsored agency personnel and applicants via Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JAPS).
● Managed visitor control functions and determines requirements of visitors upon entry. Ensure proper passes are granted for building escort, etc.
● Issued visitor badges and accesses to the building, notified host upon arrival, inspect bags, personal items, verify identity, entry control, and other security duties as required.
● Received incoming calls and provided outstanding customer service to the Naval Center main hotline.
● Surveillance Training Certificate
● Workplace Violence Training Certificate
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: