CCA Credential #: 237878
I have over ten years of healthcare and leadership experience and my goals have always been aimed into improving education while bringing on-boarding new compelling ideas to the team, setting my department for success. I am also a UCF student, currently working on my master's degree. I seek to gain as much knowledge and experience in my working environment and aim to apply my skills as a future manager.
· Assign and facilitate all patient admissions (elective and emergent) and transfers in accordance with established clinical standards and guidelines. This includes acceptance of hospital to hospital transfers and Hospice GIP.
· Maintain bed management software program to allow for accurate patient census lists, and placement. Able to produce open bed inventory at moments notice.
· Serve as the central contact person for direct admit of patients. Receive physician office calls; facilitating patient placement that ensures the patient is admitted to the most appropriate bed available using criteria for admission.
· Communicate with ED, Registration, Cardio, Patient Care Units, Surgical Services, EVS and other departments to prevent a back-up of admissions, this helps with increase throughput.
· Facilitate a daily huddles, manage staffing for six or more debarment's. I also make managerial decisions on behalf of the Nursing Supervisor when they are unavailable.
· Review surgical and cath lab schedules for next 24 hours to determine projected bed availability.
· Applied strong leadership and problem-solving skills to maintain team efficiency and organize workflows to meet any daily demand.
· Adjusted job assignments and schedules to keep pace with dynamic business needs, factoring in processes, employee knowledge and customer demands.
· Developed training, task and process guidelines and communicated clear and concise directions to employees.
· Evaluated employees' strengths and assigned tasks based upon experience and training.
· Maintained compliance with company policies, objectives and communication goals.
Monitored employee performance and provided coaching and constructive guidance to address areas of concern.
· Collaborated with a team of two in the development of Telemetry Guidelines. I worked on making a cheat sheet for the nurses on the floors to help guide them to have access to a quick reference in regard to the policy and procedures of the Telemetry department.
· Used Microsoft Visio to develop a department layout for a class project.
Used Microsoft Visio to develop a discharge processing flowchart for a class project.
· Member, National Honors Society of Leadership and Success, 2019 to Current
· Member, Student Health Information Management Association (SHIMA), 2019 to Current
· Member, American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), 2019 to Current
· President's Honor Roll 2019-2020
Job Titles Held: