I have 16 years of experience as a Patient Financial Services Representative. Detail-oriented and organized PFS Rep extensively trained in spreadsheets, transcription, word processing and desktop publishing. Data Entry specialist adept at developing and maintaining databases. Certified in 10-key and highly skilled at creating effective organizational and filing systems. Medical Data Entry Clerk proficient in medical billing, coding and transcription. Billing and payment processing expertise with [
I was efficient in obtaining goal co-pay amounts and have exceeded goals.
Verified that information in the computer system was up-to-date and accurate. Verified and logged in deadlines for responding to daily inquiries. Identified and resolved system and account issues. Successfully established effective systems for record retention by creating database for daily correspondence tracking.
• Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations and notifications. Accurately and completely documents all information into the patient records system to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation requires by the patient's insurance plan.
• Calculates patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits, collects deposits and co-payments.
• Provides financial counseling to patients and their families. Explains company financial policies and provides information as to available resources and avenues for alternative payment arrangements. Assists patients and their families in completing financial assistance paperwork when appropriate.
• Acts as a liaison between the patient, the billing department and the payer to enhance account receivables performance, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns, and to maximize service excellence.
• As assigned, conducts patient visits for bedside registration to expedite the completion of the patient registration.
• Communicates with physicians, clinical and hospital staff, nursing and Health Information Management Services to resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Works to meet the patients' needs in financial services.
• Meets or exceeds productivity standards. Completes daily assignments and maintains accurate production logs and records. Identifies opportunities to improve work processes and practices good work group dynamics.
• Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned to functions such as transporting patients, provide training for new staff, collecting and releases patient valuables in accordance with company policies, posting daily deposits, or conducting other work assignments of the Patient Financial Services team.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: