Industrious team member with proven organizational, effective communication, and multitasking skills. Always seeking ways to increase efficiencies and boost team productivity with exceptional budgeting and programming abilities. Successful at satisfying customer needs while meeting and exceeding business objectives. Consistent and meticulous worker committed to top-notch work.
· Dramatically decreased student transcript processing time by 50% with overseeing the development and execution of a state-of-the-art course equivalency system that streamlined processes for faculty, administrators, and staff.
· Sustained the office operating budget after a 49% budget reduction with no significant impacts to any one area to ensure the success and operational activities for all departments through the pandemic.
· Created and implemented a series of open and clear communication techniques with interested study abroad students, which yielded an increase of 30% student enrollment.
· Coordinated the implementation, modification, and ongoing operation of the office database, TerraDotta in all of the study abroad offices I have worked at. These changes exponentially increase efficiencies within the office and created a better experience for faculty and students.
· Provided over 400 students free passports via passport fairs. Coordinated a multi-campus drive for under-represented students. Coordinated complicated procedures across the university, federal passport authorities, and the third-party partner and sponsor. Developed the advertising, application process, selection criteria, and the detailed communication with students for the events.
· Collaborated with relevant university leadership to create standard operating procedures and written guides to establish best practices for academic records procedures, retention, student enrollment, registration, and application processing for study abroad programming.
· Plan and manage all logistics for receptions at national conferences. Develop and maintain event budgets, establish venues and vendors, negotiate costs and contracts, create event timelines, any obtain any other requirements, and main point of contact for the events.
· Create, design, and maintain effective budget models for the offices $1.75 million annual budget.
· Develop and manage faculty-led credit and non-credit study abroad programs by collaborating with faculty and departments in preparing budgets, itineraries, program policies, procedures, deadlines, pre-departure requirements, and program evaluation.
· Program Coordinator for Marquette's Project GO program with the Department of Defense and Institute of International Education (IIE). Develop and manage program and program budget, create and execute marketing and outreach campaign, advising, applications, orientations, and program assessments.
· Create, maintain, and enroll 700+ credit and non-credit study abroad student participants in the university customer relationship management system, Oracle Peoplesoft.
· Supervised the records team of two Records Specialists, one Exchange Specialist, graduate assistants, work study students and interns.
· Responsible for all the records functions for study abroad staff, vendors, and the 3,000 study abroad students Penn State sends abroad annually.
· Executed new and updated scholarship processes, timelines, applications, selection, and distribution of $500,000 in scholarship awards annually.
· Managed annual Open Doors reporting for 24 Penn State Campus and developed comprehensive data reports on the impact of study abroad across academic departments and campuses resulting in an increase of awareness of global activities.
· Advised and assisted office teams in resolving complex issues involving students, parents, and faculty.
• Supervised one full-time employee and one student employee.
• Consistently maintained the $6 million operating budget annually, including proper forecasting and ensuring operational efficiency to manage expenses.
• Collaborated with study abroad program leaders to develop study abroad programs, budgets and budget projections for new and existing study abroad programs.
• Organized, planned and presented at student orientations and faculty orientations.
• Coordinated the implementation, modification, and ongoing operation of the office database, TerraDotta.
· Mid-Atlantic Study Abroad Advisors Group (MASAAG) Conference, April 2017 “Technology: Making Life Easier!”
· Institute for the International Education of Students (IES) Annual Conference, October 2016 “Effective Engagement with Today's Technology-Focused Student”
· Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC) Webinar, February 2016 “Data and Education Abroad"
· Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul, South Korea Working Visit “Penn State Global Engagement & Exchange Collaboration”, October 2015
· Wisconsin Association of International Educators Annual Conference, April 2008 “Wisconsin G.I. Bill Veteran's Remission and Study Abroad”
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: