● Be knowledgeable in data collection, data analysis methodology, and performance improvement methods needed to support and lead QAPI.
● Identify opportunities for improvement through analysis of data, observation of operations and consultation with leadership, staff, residents, families, and other stakeholders.
● Organize and facilitate the quality committee and its meetings by guiding discussion around performance measures, and prioritizing and developing quality efforts.
● Identify staff training needs to support QAPI.
● Lead performance improvement projects and provide education and coaching in order to build needed skills in others to lead PIPs. ● Create processes to design and charter performance improvement projects that includes establishment of indicators of success.
● Coach staff, management, and practitioners on how to problem solve, including how to analyze causes and contributing factors.
● Identify resources and tools to support improvement efforts.
● Work with the administrator to secure resources for performance improvement work. Manage the financial, material and human resources allocated to carry out QAPI work.
● Encourage staff member involvement in QAPI.
● Coordinate with directors/managers to ensure QAPI efforts are integrated into all operations and departments, including staff responsibilities.
● Identify and manage potential barriers to the success of QAPI efforts.
● Assist teams working on QAPI efforts to identify any unintended consequences of changes that are put in place in order to avoid negative impact on overall performance.
● Communicate regularly on the progress of QAPI work to leadership and staff, including the progress of performance improvement projects.
● Design a process for and conduct an evaluation of QAPI efforts (at least annually). Facilitate a discussion within the quality committee for this annual review.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: