Highly motivated veteran with 3+ years of medical care experience in a hospital and clinical setting, ready to transition to civilian workforce. Works well with team members and groups from diverse backgrounds. With an acute attention to detail and strong work ethic, is highly adaptable and reliable. Knowledgeable of administrative procedures, emergency treatments and medical equipment maintenance processes.
● Assisted 4 providers in the treatment of 1200 patients, completion of 477 medical procedures, and in the verification of 185 telephone consults in the Primary Care Department, with a result of improving medical delinquencies that contributed to NH JAX's Enterprise mission to deploy an operational ready professional force.
● Delivered high quality patient-centered care to over 85,0000 beneficiaries with a military and civilian staff of over 2,400 in the Navy's largest Family Medicine Teaching hospital and 5 Naval Branch Health Clinics.
● Trained in Tactical Combat Casualty Care alongside trauma surgeons; emergency medicine physicians; corpsmen, and pararescue personnel to increase company survivability and perform life-saving techniques and strategies for providing the best trauma care on the battlefield.
● Managed the Immunization Department and administered vaccinations on military and civilian personnel with over 4675 immunizations completed, with a result of increasing medical readiness from 72% to 89%.
● Performed minor surgical procedures such as initiation/removal of sutures, wound care, cryotherapy, toe nail removals, incision/drainage of abscesses, and skin biopsies under the direct supervision of an Independent Duty Corpsman and Senior Medical Officer.
● Attained vital signs, patient history, visual acuity, performed head-to-toe medical exams, and provided patient education using S.O.A.P. format documentation.
● Ordered labs, x-rays, performed phlebotomy, EKG's, established IV access, and administered fluids/medications.
● Accurately documented all elements of nursing assessment, including treatment, medications, discharge instructions and follow-up care.
● Performed frequent checks on life support equipment and made necessary adjustments to preserve optimal patient conditions yielding to zero patient mishaps and safety reports.
● Student Covid Vaccinator- Kaiser Permanente SF, CA
- Administered covid-19 vaccinations (per manufacturer instructions) intramuscularly to the general public and documented the procedure in the patient's medical record.
- Educated patients and caregivers about age specific immunizations, precautions/contraindications and possible adverse reactions.
- Maintained compliance with specific policies and procedures per manufacturer instructions when preparing/ drawing up Pzifer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
● COVID Float Expeditionary Medical Facility Kilo
03/2020 to 05/2020
Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune Jacksonville, NC
- Directed patient flow to designated COVID tents outside of military facilities to get tested.
- Screened military and civilian faculty for possible COVID exposure, obtained temperature, and verified proof of identification card to enter the facility.
- Performed COVID testing and obtained collections for lab testing.
- Assisted in setting up negative pressure rooms in multiple wards to create COVID units.
●Sexual Assault Victim Advocate
08/2018 to 07/2019
Naval Air Station Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL.
- Completed 40 hours of training to help sexual assault victims in order to provide services to them resulting in being certified as a D-SAACP Level II Sexual Assault Advocate.
- Provide assistance in creating a restricted or unrestricted investigation report, military protection order, requests to transfer commands, and access other resources.
- Participated in educating military and civilian personnel in yearly sexual assault prevention training.
- Supported victims, family members and witnesses through various systems including law enforcement, healthcare, and social services.
Basic Life Support
05/2020 to 05/2022
• Successfully completed the cognitive and skills evaluation in accordance with the curriculum of the American Heart Association Basic Life Support (CPR and AED) Program.
Navy and Marine Corp Achievement Medal
• Awarded for professional achievement in the superior performance of my duties, while serving as a general duty corpsman in Naval Branch Health Clinic Jacksonville, FL from April 2017 to April 2019.
Humanitarian Service Medal
• Awarded for meritorious direct participation in a significant military act or operation of a humanitarian nature during Hurricane Irma in Jacksonville, FL from September 2017 to March 2018.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: