Flexible and focused team player with expertise in clinical care, team building, strategic planning, delivering high quality, low cost solutions and time management. Considered highly knowledgeable in clinical trials, and integrated delivery of health care.
Driven and decisive physician with many years of experience in managing teams to deliver coordinated oncology care. Flexible and focused in engaging staff, in providing resolutions to complex problems.
• Critical decision making
Geisinger Health System/ Mar 2020 to Current
• Developed processes and metrics that supported achievement of organization's business goals. Despite challenges of loss of providers, maintained a schedule that maintained patient access without major disruption.
• Optimized processes by encouraging collaboration between operational and clinical teams at both campuses to adhere to industry best practices and protocols.
• Fostered productivity by coordinating itinerary and scheduling appointments between providers at both campuses as well as the main campus. Close working relationship with operations manager as well as physician and mid-level colleagues at the campus level as well as executive leadership level.
• Liaised between clinical, nursing , operations teams at both campuses and institute leadership to address as well as foster problem resolution.
• Continue to develop process improvements and streamline procedures to effectively deliver patient care using low resource high impact strategies.
• Continue to engage, empower and boost morale by establishing a growth culture that is focused on achieving performance metrics by inspiring colleagues. Implemented an atmosphere of engagement and development activities, to maximize productivity and unite workforce.
Involved in multidisciplinary conferences at Geisinger Cancer Institute.
Introduced and discussed ideas for new concepts, modalities and philosophies of treatment.
Close relationship with clinical trials for the past few years and helped further the care of cancer patients in a comprehensive way at the Institute.
Continue to aid in bringing cutting edge research trials to the rural patient population that is far removed from academic centers thus delivering quality at an affordable price through innovation.
Help in educating and empowering patients as well as their family members towards therapies that mutually benefit the patient population as well as institutions.
Committed to an Integrated health delivery concept through appropriate utilization of therapies, hospitalization and ED visitation.
Committed to deliver care closer to home through telehealth practices as well as delivering cancer services within the community by decreasing out of area referrals.
Ongoing Research Support
URCC 16070, Gary Morrow, National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Treatment of Refractory Nausea
This randomized phase III trial studies how well netupitant/palonosetron hydrochloride and dexamethasone with prochlorperazine or olanzapine work compared to netupitant/palonosetron hydrochloride and dexamethasone in improving chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in patients with breast cancer. Antiemetic drugs, such as prochlorperazine and olanzapine, may help lessen nausea and vomiting in patients with breast cancer treated with chemotherapy.
A221602, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
Olanzapine With or Without Fosaprepitant for the Prevention of Chemotherapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting (CINV)in Patients Receiving Highly Emetogenic Chemotherapy (HEC): A Phase III Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
This randomized phase III trial studies how well olanzapine with or without fosaprepitant work in preventing chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting in cancer patients receiving chemotherapy that causes vomiting. Olanzapine and fosaprepitant dimeglumine may help control nausea and vomiting in patients during chemotherapy. Olanzapine is usually given in combination with other drugs, including fosaprepitant dimeglumine. It is not yet known if olanzapine when given with other drugs, is still effective without using fosaprepitant dimeglumine for controlling nausea and vomiting.
Delivered quality cancer care to the Grapevine area affiliated with three hospital systems.
Close collaboration with multiple specialist physicians to deliver coordinated cancer care.
Established a successful Oncology and Hematology private practice.
Managed the care of solid and hematological malignancies.
Board Certified in Hematology
Board cerified in Oncology
Board certified in Internal Medicine
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: