Empathetic Family Nurse Practitioner focused on providing quality care and maintaining direct lines of communication with patients and healthcare team. Calm, understanding professional bringing over 20 years of experience in diagnosing, evaluating and treating acute and chronic medical conditions through physical examinations and testing. Exceptional critical thinking and decision-making skills.
· Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
· The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi – Texas A&M Corpus Christi Chapter
· Member of American Association of Nurse Practitioners
· Member of Texas Nursing Association and American Nurses Association
· Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas – APRN 06/2013 - 06/2022
· American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification – FNP Certification 07/2013 - 07/2025
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider (ACLS) 11/2010 - 11/2021
· Advanced Pediatric Life Support Provider (PALS) 10/2002 - 10/2021
· American Heart Association -BLS for Healthcare Provider 07/2001 - 05/2021
· Certified Pediatric Nurse – Pediatric Nursing Certification Board 07/2006 - 02/2022
· Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support (PFCCS) 09/2013 - 09/2022
· Certified Training in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training Program 01/2018 -01/2022
Dissertation Project: A Primary Care Text Messaging Initiative to Improve Type 2 Diabetes Self-Management in Hispanic Adults
For my doctoral dissertation, I conducted a quality improvement project to improve hemoglobin A1C levels, enhance the quality of care, decrease patient's body weight, and increase diabetes self-management knowledge in Hispanic adults with Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM) in a primary care clinic through the implementation of a mobile text messaging intervention. The quality improvement project proved innovative technology, such as implementation of a text message program, is supportive at improving mean hemoglobin A1c levels, decrease BMI, increase diabetes self-management in Hispanic adults, aged 20 years or older, and diagnosed with T2DM. The project also improved the knowledge and quality of diabetes practices among providers in the primary care clinic.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: