Adaptable former security leader accustomed to managing challenging situations with grace and diplomacy to ensure public safety. Well-developed interpersonal skills, written communication/documentation aptitude, and common sense style combined with high energy personality. Candidate brings combined 10-years of experience with Rockville, MD public defender's office, Boston Police Crimes against Children Unit, and Department of Homeland Security.
• Provided support for US Army, Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense project with ceiling value of $249 for Joint Enterprise Omnibus Program, Engineering and Technical Support (JE-OPETS).
• Assisted Government Contracting Officers (CO) in the organization, management and administration of contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, task orders, delivery orders, and other contractual documents
• Utilized Procurement Desktop Defense (PD2) to draft contract documents and amendments
• Performed accurate data input into multiple contracting systems and spreadsheets
• Assisted CO in conducting negotiations to develop contract prices and terms
• Researched variety of contractual issues and draft appropriate correspondence for internal and external distribution
• Protected and prevented unauthorized access to federal property by ensuring compliance with Federal laws, regulations and policy for the protection, security and safeguarding for a federal installation at federal checkpoints.
• Responded to breaches of security and/or emergency situations while taking appropriate steps to prevent entry to secure areas.
• Responded to the needs of the general public by performing investigations, problem solving, following up on leads, obtaining evidence and deterring criminal activity within Federal Checkpoints
• Created incident reports during law enforcement involvement and provided intelligence information with other Federal agencies
• Served as team leader, responsible for 5-10 team members in coordinating daily operations
• Operated variety of communication equipment, such as two-way radios, telephones, faxes, paging equipment, and computers to coordinate emergency response activities
National Intelligence Officer
• Briefed team members of intelligence reports related to Homeland Security with approval and oversight from Boston FieldIntelligence Officer (FIO).
• Led briefings by disseminating pertinent information to workforce on new intelligence, procedural/administrative changes, and other job-related topics.
On-the-Job Training Monitor
• Trained new hired officers with live checkpoint functions, administrative processes, and management directives.
• Mentored new officers and coordinated with training department with progress/areas of concern.
• Prepared officers for annual certification with various screening procedures
Employee Advisory Council Member
• Helped to address and resolve workplace issues to include morale, communications, safety, environmental, and business conduct.
• Worked with scheduling and other council members during bid process to ensure accuracy and efficiency of officers who were unable to attend semi-annual event.
Environmental Management Support Team
• Provided assistance in the removal, accumulation, storage, and disposal of prohibited items, Voluntary Abandoned Property (VAP), and hazardous materials.
• Compiled data and prepared reports for annual compliance audits.
• Operated Government Owned Vehicles and provide escorted security for local companies handling materials for TSA on Logan Airport property
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: