Accomplished Registered Nurse with 15+ years of experience dedicated to quality care of diverse patients. Smoothly blend hands-on skills with advanced clinical background. Successful at working with all levels of healthcare providers, physicians and administrators to address patient needs.
* Competently perform actions of patient care
I performed all activities of daily living with residents of the skilled care unit. I bathed, dressed, fed, and turned
patients. We were an active unit with activities and I assisted as needed. I provided good, quality, and
* I managed a 25 bed Acute/Skilled unit. This included scheduling and working the unit as needed when staff was short.
* I was on call for the unit 24 hours a day and at least every other weekend.
* I updated policies and procedures as needed.
* I also completed a monthly budget and assisted with the yearly budget.
* I was actively involved with numerous DNV inspections.
* I completed reports for end of the month meetings and
medical staff meetings.
* Before my management opportunities I was the Case Manager for this facility and still actively worked in the department when needed after taking the manager position.
* I keep an up to date running log of all admissions including
* I obtained insurance verification as needed for inpatient and skilled stays in the facility.
* I also preformed duties related to Utilization Review by completing reports and organizing the stand-up meeting
three times weekly,
* I was the outpatient scheduler and also obtain authorization from insurances as needed for these procedures.
Most of the times I also provided care for these patients and completed the procedure ordered.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: