Employers who are searching for a loss prevention supervisor look for candidates who can handle the daily challenges of monitoring and intervention, but they also look for candidates who are ready to handle management and team leadership responsibilities. To land an interview in this area, you’ll need to create a resume that shows off your track record of vigilance and theft prevention, and you’ll need to highlight your skills as a coach, trainer, scheduler, and leader. Use this loss prevention supervisor resume example as you draft and edit your own profile, and don’t miss an opportunity to stand out.
Resume Tips for Loss Prevention Supervisor
When you’re looking for jobs as a loss prevention supervisor, guidance is key. Make the process easier on yourself by following these five tips.
1. The process is likely to be a long one as the economy recovers, so make sure you mentally prepare for a long wait. This can help you avoid long-term disappointment and a sour attitude in the interview room, something that can definitely damage your chances otherwise.
2. Check out your resume to make sure it is perfect. Follow guidelines on proper formatting and information to include. You can start by reading below.
3. Take the time to learn about and practice new interview skills. Get a friend to help you with a mock interview to take care of any potential nervousness you may have. You’ll get a call back, and it’s best to be practiced before that happens for the best results.
4. Make researching part of your daily routine. New jobs come up daily, so you don’t want to miss them. Also, new job and interviewing tips pop up regularly, too.
5. Manage your expectations as you get rejections and commit to being positive. This will also help your attitude going forward.
Loss Prevention Supervisor Advice
If you think of a resume as just a quick way to list information for employers, you may have trouble on your hands. A great resume takes a lot of time, preparation and forethought for those looking for jobs as a loss prevention supervisor, so get started with these five tips.
1. Don’t forget to include your phone number and professional email address. Make sure employers are greeted to a voicemail message that is professional, too.
2. Include seemingly minor job details, such as dates and locations for employment history. These are required for every applicant.
3. When you’re discussing your past duties, always be consistent in your phrasing. Don’t mix verb phrases with noun phrases. All statements should begin with an active verb.
4. If you’re considering jumping industries, focus on transferable skills that can go from a previous job to another.
5. Irrelevant information and personal statements should always be left off or removed from you resume. This include hobbies and interests. Also, it’s a good idea to leave off references. These will be asked for later if they are necessary.
Loss Prevention Supervisor Job Seeking Tips
Interested in preventing theft? Consider a position as a loss prevention supervisor. You’ll need experience, passion for the job, and a superior resume. The resume examples below will help give you a model for your own loss prevention supervisor resume. Any of the resume example templates below are a good place to start. Use the pre-written text as a guide, then update your resume with your own particular experience. With these samples, you’ll be well on your way toward a great new job.
No Experience Loss Prevention Supervisor Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Loss Prevention Supervisor job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Loss Prevention Supervisor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Detailed and hard working Loss Prevention Professional offering proven history developing various employees and programs to mitigate theft, loss and waste. Driven and dedicated with 16 years of experi...
Experience: 13 yrs 1 mo
Disciplined and Effective Loss Prevention Specialist and Volunteer with background working in Service-based Programs and Community Outreach. Notable knowledge and experience in Court Process, Incident...
Experience: 2 yrs 4 mo
CAREER SUMMARY: Assistant Loss Prevention manager at DFW7 Fulfillment Center with over 13 combined years in security, law enforcement, and loss prevention experience. Talented at planning and implemen...
Experience: 9 yrs 9 mo
Dynamic, resourceful, and driven Loss Prevention Professional with 13 years of physical security, Shortage control strategies, CCTV, access control, and proven history developing programs and projects...
Experience: 7 yrs 6 mo
Seeking opportunities to utilize experience in customer service, project management and litigation to achieve relationships with people. Particular areas of interest include corporate law, legal corpo...
Experience: 1 yrs 11 mo