Backend Developer Resume Examples
A complete team including frontend and backend developers, UI designers are typically involved in developing software. The backend developer in particular has multiple, crucial roles and responsibilities. They use complex technological skills and tools to develop applications and coordinate with clients.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What is a Backend Developer?
What Makes This a Great
Backend Developer Resume Example?
Our backend developer resume example was prepared by our team of certified resume writers. They know exactly what goes into crafting the optimal resume for any experienced candidate. Let’s learn about three of the main advantages our resume examples offer you.
- They’re written by professionals: Our backend developer resume example effectively highlights the specific skills and experience needed for this type of role. It contains keywords recruiters search for when shortlisting candidates, such as “Specialized in online customer features.” You can also find our writers’ excellent pre-written content in our Resume Builder, where you can opt to use the pre-written text suggestions as-is or customize them to suit your needs.
- They help you select the best resume format: When writing your resume, it’s critical to choose a resume format that will present your education, skills and work experience in the best possible light. The above example uses a chronological format, which is best suited for professionals with years of experience. Mid-career and entry-level professionals may be wiser to use a combination or functional format, depending on their years of experience.
- They show you appropriate resume templates: The design of a candidate’s resume should clearly identify their top qualifications while also staying true to the employer’s culture. In this example, clean and readable sections sit under a minimalist gray header, perfectly safe for the potentially straightlaced tone of any IT services company. Whatever your future workplace expects, our Resume Builder provides a wide selection of easily customizable templates to suit your taste and style.
3 Backend Developer Professional Summary Examples
The professional summary immediately pitches to employers what your skills and experience can offer their company. Our Resume Builder offers you expertly crafted, pre-written summaries which you can personalize for your own document. Here are three examples of professional summaries that will help the recruiters to recognize your skills:
- Backend developer with over six years of experience. Key member of three software development teams. Certified expert in Nginx and Apache. Passionate about learning new concepts and an excellent team player.
- Professional backend developer with experience building nine new .NET web applications while maintaining existing applications. Integrates frontend elements with backend and conducts technical analyses based on client requirements.
3 Backend Developer Work Experience Examples
Our backend developer resume example demonstrates how to add work experience that gives context to your skills and accomplishments. Our Resume Builder can also provide pre-written text that you can customize to meet any employer’s requirements. Here are three examples of pre-written text our builder might offer you:
- Provide training to a growing team of seven junior staff members to follow coding best practices and website development methodology.
- Follows SDLC model to ensure quality assurance and security across five websites. Troubleshoot web applications and check cross-browser compatibility.
- Prepares project documentation, interacts with team and managers, and keeps track of frontend and backend technologies for a minimum of three ongoing projects.
Top Skills for Your Backend Developer Resume
Hiring managers use applicant tracking software (ATS) to automatically narrow their search to the most desirable candidates. Our Resume Builder helps you build a document that will pass this automated process with flying colors.
Below are some of the hard and soft skills you may want to mention on your resume:
- SOLID principles and Relational database proficiencies
- NoSQL and RDBMS
- Website and mobile app development
- Git and SVN
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team management skills
- Time management and organizational skills
Building Your Backend Developer Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Backend Developer FAQs
- What are the job responsibilities of a backend developer?
- How can backend developers keep themselves updated with advanced technologies?
- Should I mention personal achievements on my resume?
What are the job responsibilities of a backend developer?
Backend developers are responsible for creating a seamless experience for clients and website users by integrating front-end code with database and server-side applications. They should be highly analytical and produce functional applications for different organizations. They should possess comprehensive knowledge of modern tools and technologies and the ability to apply them across various projects.
How can backend developers keep themselves updated with advanced technologies?
Backend developers are a crucial part of the IT sector, and they constantly need to update their knowledge of modern trends and technologies. They need to keep pace with the advanced technologies and frameworks that play a significant role in application development. To remain updated, they can attend training sessions, workshops, attend social events related to web and software development, read related blogs or learn via virtual tutorials from experts.
Should I mention personal achievements on my resume?
Your achievements may already be a part of your work experience or education sections. If you’ve completed additional, work-relevant projects in your free time, only mention these on your resume if you still have room on a single page. Be sure to first leave enough room for the sections that are absolutely required.