Use this professional created Maintenance Assistant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Maintenance assistants help the team troubleshoot, repair and replace any equipment. They play an important role in ensuring the premises remain clean, and they are responsible for using power tools to fix wiring and piping. Assistants are also the ones who usually receive orders or go out to acquire more supplies.
A high school diploma is typically all that is needed, but the individual should be able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of HVAC systems, electrical wiring and basic painting. Several years of prior experience should be stated in the maintenance assistant job description.
Physical strength is a great asset. The ability to lift 60 pounds is standard. Additionally, maintenance assistants need to be team players.
Maintenance Assistant Job Description Template
Do you enjoy using your hard work and skills to improve the world around you? Make a difference in the lives of our residents by keeping their environment clean, safe, and worthy of being called “home”. As an energetic maintenance assistant who is good at troubleshooting and fixing things, you will fit right in with our dynamic team of professionals. We believe every member of our team plays a vital role in our success, which is why we go out of our way to provide some of the most attractive rates and benefit packages in the industry. If you want to work in a safe and healthy environment where your opinion always matters, come see us today!
- Disassemble damaged and broken equipment so that it can be more easily repaired, then reassemble pieces after repair work has been successfully completed.
- Maintain grounds and common areas to ensure they are operational, safe and clean for our residents.
- Receive deliveries of tools, equipment and supplies and transfer them to work stations or other areas as dictated by management.
- Hold or hand off tools, equipment and parts to workers who are actively working on maintenance or repairs.
- Examine machinery to ensure that it is functioning properly and to check for defects in components or parts.
- Move or position vehicles, physical structures and other equipment to ensure easy access for workers who will be installing or assembling them.
- Use hand or power tools to disconnect, connect or adjust tubing, wiring and other parts as needed.
- Receive work orders and determine what parts, equipment and services are needed to perform necessary maintenance and repair work.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic maintenance functions, including snow removal, basic electric, painting and HVAC.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds without assistance
- Prior experience working in general maintenance, plumbing or HVAC