Interior Designer Resume Objective
Interior designers perform a variety of duties for their clients. When applying for an interior design position, you should allow potential employers to see that you possess a multi-faceted, relevant skill set. Resume objectives are located at the top of your resume, and thus they are the first items read by prospective employers. In order to secure the position, you must show yourself to be a thoroughly qualified candidate.
What the Interior Designer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The field of interior design contains many different aspects. The ideal resume objective demonstrates to employers that you possess the necessary skills and experience. Some important skills to highlight include knowledge of design techniques and principles, the ability to communicate with customers, and a background in administration or management. Any experience you have working as an interior designer is also worth mentioning in the objective. Be specific when referring to prior experience, telling employers whether you worked primarily as an industrial, residential, or commercial designer. Many employers also require their employees to have effective writing and oral communication skills as well as a basic knowledge of computer applications.
Sample Interior Designer Resume Objectives
Keep your objective concise while still providing plenty of information about your skills and experience level. It is also helpful to include the employer’s name to convey your interest in the offered position.
1. Commercial interior designer with comprehensive knowledge of design techniques and customer service experience seeks position at ABC company.
2. Motivated, self-sufficient individual looking for interior design position at ABC company to advance career and provide valued support to customers.
3. Professional with 10+ years of industrial interior design experience and a management background seeking position at ABC company to apply customer service and design skills.
4. Determined worker searching for entry-level interior design position at ABC company to utilize design skills and employ customer service experience.
5. Individual with customer service experience, extensive knowledge of design techniques, and a background in management seeking interior design position at ABC company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.