Customer Service Representative Resume Objective
A necessary bridge between merchants and consumers, customer service representatives primarily focus on assisting patrons on selling floors or over the phone. Successful workers in this field are usually friendly and outgoing, possessing at least a general level of knowledge or interest in the products being sold. Service reps may support the general public in brick-and-mortar stores or may assist other commercial entities in business-to-business operations. A good resume objective can be instrumental in setting yourself apart from the large volume of applicants which often respond to this type of job posting.
What The Customer Service Representative Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The core duty of a customer service rep is to address concerns or complaints and therefore a calm, patient demeanor is good to emphasize to hiring managers. A quality service rep also boasts good product knowledge, so discuss any existing interest or experience relevant to the particular merchandise or services that the company deals in. Highlight your communication skills, including any additional languages spoken which may allow you to assist a broader segment of customers. Additionally, you should describe general qualifiers such as attention to detail, ability to work well independently or in teams, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Sample Customer Service Representative Resume Objectives
Even if you are applying to many different companies in search of employment, it’s important for each one to know that you have genuine interest in their organization. Always be sure to use the company’s name when stating your objective.
1. Obtain a customer service position with ABC Company which will allow use of good people skills and reliable work ethic.
2. Upbeat individual seeks customer service rep opportunity with ABC Company that will benefit from good communication skills, calm demeanor, and a knack for solving problems.
3. Seeking a role as a customer service representative for ABC Company which will benefit from positive attitude, high energy, and a genuine desire to assist others.
4. Retail representative desires customer service position with ABC Company which will utilize three years of sales floor experience in fast-paced department store environments.
5. Motivated individual seeking customer service representative role at ABC Company to employ positive mindset, helpful attitude, and thorough knowledge of all things related to kitchenware.
Skills to Put in a Customer Service Representative Resume Objective
When you apply for a new job, you want to put your best foot forward. To encourage employers to consider you for a position, it is important to include your most impressive applicable skills in the objective section of your resume.
As you consider which skills to mention in your resume objective, decide what you do best as it relates to the job you are applying for. An easy way to figure that out is to look through the job description for keywords that correlate to your abilities. It is also smart to list soft skills and personality traits in addition to hard or technical skills. This shows you are both qualified and professional.
Consider some of these top skills for your customer service representative resume objective:
- Customer-service skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Attentive and able to listen with interest
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Able to keep a positive attitude and remain patient when dealing with difficult customers or situations
- Time-management skills
- Extensive vocabulary and knowledge of industry terminology
- Excellent computer skills including using spreadsheets and Microsoft Office
- Able to empathize with clients who have not found your products or services to be satisfactory
- Attention to detail
- Self-controlled and calm under pressure or stress
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.