Customer service representatives engage directly with members of the public to help them learn more about products and services or solve problems within existing accounts. So to survive and thrive in this career, you’ll need a resume that can shine a spotlight on your patience, communication skill, and knowledge of the subject or company. To create a resume that grabs employer attention, use this customer service representative resume example as your guide. Start with a summary of your core offerings and then describe your education, special skills, and professional background in a series of subheadings below.
Customer Service Representative Advice
Looking for a job as a customer service representative? Your resume could make the all the difference in winning you the job you want. Our customer service representative-specific resume examples will help you focus your resume on the skills and experience employers are looking for. They’ll help give you the language you need to best showcase your customer service talents to potential employers. Click on any of the resume examples to build a better resume. And get ready to land a better job faster!
Resume Tips for Customer Service Representative
Finding jobs as a customer service representative takes a blend of job-seeking tips and keeping a positive attitude. The following advice can help you land your next position in the current job market.
1. If you have lost your job, you need to make a job search plan. Find out if you are eligible for any unemployment benefits. Also consider taking on temporary work while searching for a permanent position.
2. A successful job search means you’re willing to be persistent. You need to be prepared for the long haul and find the job that you really want, as opposed to the first job that comes along.
3. Get in contact with everyone you know. Networking is absolutely critical during. Reach out to your friends, relatives, former colleagues, fellow school alumni, and neighbors for possible assistance and leads. Make sure to set up profiles social media websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to grow your social networks and let them know you are seeking a new position.
4. Use both digital and traditional resources. Besides checking online job boards, you will also want to attend job fairs so that you can network and talk to recruiters in person. Also check local job search support groups, career centers, and local libraries for further assistance and support.
5. Take assessment tests to narrow your choices. They will help you clarify your interests and values so that you can find the best career fit. Research those possible careers and set up information interviews to learn more about jobs and companies in the industry.
Customer Service Representative Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to finding jobs as a customer service representative, your resume is your first exposure to a potential employer. Follow the advice below to make it get attention.
1. Use keywords to describe your job title, business functions, responsibilities, company names of past employers, and schools you attended. Employers use certain search terms to find the candidates they want to pursue to fill positions.
2. Highlight your accomplishments. Make your worth known and show an employer your value, whether it was in generating revenue or decreasing expenses.
3. If you are a college student or a recent university graduate, list education before experience. After you have gained 12-18 months of professional work experience, you should list experience before your education and deemphasize your college experiences and activities.
4. Do not use resume templates. You want to avoid the possibility of having your resume look like everyone else’s resumes. Design your own resume to make it unique and stand out from the rest.
5. When possible, quantify your experiences. Tell employers how many employees you supervised, how much you increased sales, how much money you saved your past employers, how many products you represented, etc.
Customer Service Representative Resume Samples
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Customer Service Representative job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Customer Service Representative resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Summary: Qualified and tenacious professional armed with broad-based background and skills in the areas of customer service, tec...
Experience: 15 yrs 1 mo
Summary: Loan Manager unit Knowledgeable and innovative finance, sales and marketing professional whose success is based on inte...
Experience: 5 yrs 2 mo
Summary: Acceptance to a fast-paced working environment
Experience: 11 yrs