Training and Development Resume Objective
Training and Development specialists design and expand upon programs that improve the skills and performance of individuals or an organization as a whole. A great objective should provide prospective employers with a clear snapshot of your strengths as they pertain to this role, as well as inspire further consideration of your resume.
What The Training and Development Resume Objective Should Tell Employers
Training and Development roles typically require that candidates have existing experience in training or education. An ideal candidate should be a fast learner and be able to bring together a wide array of information into a training program that is effective at driving performance. It should be stressed that a Training and Development role requires keen organizational skills and the ability to comfortably communicate in an expert manner to individuals and teams. When crafting a resume for this role, the objective should showcase your experience with training individuals and teams, in addition to highlighting your expert skills in communication, administration, and program management.
Sample Training and Development Resume Objectives
In addition to showcasing your relevant strengths, experience, and goals, your objective should always include the name of the organization you are applying to in order to show the hiring authority that you have a serious desire to work there. Here are some sample objectives to help you:
1. Seeking a Training and Development position at ABC Company in order to utilize expert communication skills and training experience to design and implement programs that will effectively improve performance.
2. Motivated and skilled individual seeking a Training and Development position at ABC Company where crafting and managing effective programs will improve employee performance and lead to mutual success and achievement.
3. Looking for a challenging Training and Development role where skills in communication, organization, and training methodology can be used to strengthen ABC Company’s bottom line.
4. Dependable and organized individual with several years of training experience seeking career advancement at ABC Company in Training and Development.
5. Experienced educator with top-notch communication and organizational skills looking to broaden experience in Training and Development at ABC Company.
Skills To Put in a Training and Development Resume Objective
One aspect that can make your resume objective statement stand out from all the competing resumes is how you describe your skills. You may be able to hook the hiring manager to read more of your resume by putting your most relevant skills at the beginning of your document. Consider looking at the job description to determine the best abilities to include.
To improve your resume even more, make sure you have hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are what you most likely think of immediately when considering different abilities for the training and development field specifically. Soft skills are more general and behavioral, such as critical thinking or communication. Employers usually expect to see both kinds in a resume objective statement.
Some of the very best training and development skills for your resume objective include:
- Strong management abilities over time and administrative tasks
- Actively listens to completely understand trainees and intentional speaker for instructions
- Strong communicator, whether speaking professionally or interpersonally
- Gather information to create professional reports
- Confident performing research on a regular basis
- Utilizes critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable using computers in a professional environment
- Passionate about assisting in other employees’ careers
- Strives to improve every day
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Regional Training and Development Manager @ Soho House & Co
Results-focused Hospitality professional with strength in training and development. Proactive leader with high communication and collaboration Skills. Proficient in leveraging strengths to promote and...
7 yrs 8 mo
Sr. Mgr of Training and Workforce Development @ Arizona Complete Health, Cenpatico Integrated Care
Dedicated Senior Manager with 25+ years of exceptional management performance experience. Offering strong administrative and cross-functional collaboration skills to provide teams with support and gui...
25 yrs 10 mo
Training and Development Leader @ USIC Locating Services
I have been Dedicated to advancing USIC policies and visions with safety and training. I have all ways articulated to lead the way with each task assigned by the DM weather it is shifting to lead a te...
31 yrs 5 mo
Sr. Director Sales Training and Development @ BioReference Laboratories
Driven Sales Training Professional with 17+ years of experience creating comprehensive training programs, managing new hires and assessing sales teams' performance. Committed to developing and coachin...
16 yrs 3 mo
Training and Development Specialist @ Johnson & Johnson - Contract
Talented Business and Learning Development Specialist bringing 7+ years of experience and demonstrated record of accomplishment. Proficient in process enhancements, change management, learning develop...
8 yrs 8 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.