Store managers organize and supervise employees to ensure work shifts go smoothly and that all store goals are being met. Any objective a hiring manager sees on your resume should make it obvious you possess the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to take the store and its employees to the next level. Crafting an exemplary resume objective requires the same dedication, energy, and time as assembling an effective team of employees.
What the Store Manager Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A store manager’s resume objective should display knowledge of a specific industry, customer base, and current industry trends. Examples of the most salient information to have in your resume include educational background, experience, skills, desired position, and any goals you might have for your career and your position. Be sure to highlight your strengths and show how you’d like to overcome your weaknesses and how prospective employers can help you do so.
Sample Store Manager Resume Objectives
Make sure you include the name of the company at which you’re seeking employment in your resume objective. Include the most important parts of your resume, and make sure you expand on those sections in your resume. Following are some sample resume objectives.
1. Seeking a store manager position with ABC Foods to utilize three years of experience in serving and food preparation in the seafood industry.
2. Desiring to secure a store manager position with ABC Games that allows the use of a bachelor’s degree in video game design and a passion for the gaming industry to further knowledge of next-gen games.
3. Well-organized and results-driven individual desires entry-level store manager experience with ABC Inc. to gain professional experience and help advance the company in the industry.
4. Looking to fill a mid-level store manager position with ABC Music to utilize a bachelor’s degree in music production and supplement a passion for music of all genres.
5. Searching for a store manager position with ABC Company to complete an MBA program and start professional career in the technology industry while building a strong team of employees.
Skills To Put in a Store Manager Resume Objective
When writing your store manager resume objective statement, your goal is to catch the attention of hiring managers. The best way to do this is to include skills that appeal to them. Every employer has their own set of desired abilities, however, which makes it difficult to know which skills to describe. Studying the job description gives you a look into the skill expectations of those reading your resume objective.
Another important aspect you need to keep in mind is that most hiring managers expect both hard and soft skills. Hard skills refer to concrete abilities, such as filing reports or providing instructions. Soft skills are more behavioral in nature, usually including things such as critical thinking, problem-solving, or leadership. Demonstrate your versatility by including both kinds in your resume objective.
To help you write your resume objective, we have compiled some of the best store manager skills:
- Analysis and evaluation skills
- Understanding of schedule creation
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Experience overseeing team of more than 10 and evaluating employees’ performances
- Background in business positions
- Conflict resolution abilities
- Manage labor and workforce effectively to manage costs
- Give instructions quickly and clearly and delegation abilities
- Comfortable in leadership and management positions
- Experience handling money responsibly and accurately
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.