Culinary Resume Objective
A culinary career allows you to use your cooking skill to prepare fresh, delicious, and creative meals for customers and restaurants. To craft an excellent resume objective, you’ll want to emphasize your culinary skill and any relevant experience you have in the field. Catching the attention of an employer at this early stage will help elevate your resume above the rest of the candidate pool. Strong objectives advertise your skills concisely and confidently and make employers want to meet you in person through an interview.
What The Culinary Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The culinary field encompasses chefs, head cooks, food preparation specialists, educators, and other positions. Your resume objective should emphasize your skill in preparing, cooking, and arranging food. It should also highlight any supervisory or management qualifications you may have, as many chefs and other food professionals manage a team. The culinary career also requires hard work, passion, creative flair, and the ability to work long hours doing something you love.
Sample Culinary Resume Objectives
The right resume objective will highlight your talent in the culinary field while also emphasizing any other relevant skills and experiences. To guide your writing process, here are a few sample statements.
- A passionate culinary craftsperson with 10+ years of experience as Head Chef at top New York City restaurant dedicated to offering creative, delicious meals to an upscale clientele through a Head Chef position at ABC restaurant.
- Acquire a Food Preparation Manager position at ABC restaurant utilizing 2+ years of experience in the field to maximize effectiveness of food production at ABC restaurant and train culinary staff.
- Launching a Culinary career through summer internship that allows use of over two years as a server at a creative, farm-to-table restaurant in Philadelphia as well as several years of customer service experience gained as a management trainee for a large retail chain.
- A highly creative, hardworking, and skilled chef with two-year education in the culinary arts looking to contribute talents and experience in food preparation to ABC’s culinary team.
- Aiming to utilize 5+ years of management experience in Fortune 500 company to maximize the effectiveness of ABC’s food production team and promote a superior dining experience as Restaurant Manager at ABC’s restaurant.
Skills to Put in a Culinary Resume Objective
Culinary jobs are possible to obtain if you create an impressive resume, and hiring managers may notice you more if you focus on a strong resume objective. Your culinary career can skyrocket if you pack your objective with must-have skills. Write about both hard and soft skills to get employers to understand your true talents.
Thinking of the perfect skills for the culinary field can be tough. Start with the job description for ideas, and then think about your past experiences. You can put together a powerful objective that helps you get the job. You can also use these ideas for your resume’s skills section. Here are some possible skills you could use for your budding culinary career:
- Natural talent and creativity when developing new recipes and dishes
- A highly sensitive sense of smell and taste for top food quality
- Top-notch listening and oral communication skills
- Capable of working in a high-pressure environment
- Physically able to stand during shift for many hours of the day
- Able to manage time effectively while preparing food and timing meal delivery to tables
- Strong organizational skills when working at the food preparation station
- Excellent leadership ability and skilled at delegating jobs to others
- Knowledge of a variety of cooking techniques and food preparation methods
- Understanding of the proper ways to safely handle food
- Strong attention to detail
- Focused on working in a clean environment
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.