Just as taxpayers trust you to ensure they aren’t audited by the IRS and that they pay as few taxes as legally possible, hiring managers trust you to be able to adequately show you’re qualified for a position as a tax preparer. Your resume objective can either hurt or help your chances of continuing your career and becoming a better tax preparer, so be sure you spend just as much time on it as you do your actual resume. Show you can prepare yourself for success just as well as you can prepare taxes.
What the Tax Preparer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Your resume objective should point on the most essential qualities required by an position at a specific company. Demonstrate your experience, education, whether you have any special licenses or certifications, and if you have any specialty areas. It’s a good idea to alter your objective according to the company to which you’re applying to stand the best chance of being asked to schedule an interview. You might also want to think about including your desired duties as well as at least one of your career goals with your resume objective.
Sample Tax Preparer Resume Objectives
Be sure you include the name of the business to which you’re applying when crafting your resume objective. Doing so lets the hiring manager know you’re serious about wanting to work for the company and that you’ve taken the time to personalize your objective.
1. Looking to be employed as a mid-level tax preparer at ABC Company with a master’s degree in business administration and experience preparing taxes for small business owners.
2. Contribute two years of experience and professional certification as a tax preparer with ABC Company with knowledge of the most current tax laws, deductions and write offs.
3. A dedicated student with a background working with self-employed individuals desires a tax preparer internship with ABC Company to gain knowledge of accounting and internal auditing.
4. Desiring a position with ABC Company as a tax preparer with seven years of experience working with individuals and businesses as well as certification as a Personal Financial Specialist.
5. In search of entry-level employment with ABC Company as a tax preparer with a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a focus on the manufacturing industry.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.