There are plenty of opportunities to land an Electrical Engineer job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting an Electrical Engineer resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills To Put in an Electrical Engineer Resume Objective
Incorporating your top skills into the objective statement of your electrical engineer resume helps keep the most important information right in front of the eyes of the hiring manager. Choose 8 to 12 items to add to this section, and save the rest for your skills section. The best way to decide which of your abilities to feature here is to scour the job description and see where your greatest strengths coincide with the requirements for the position.
Although you may think about including only hard skills in your objective statement, try to get a few soft skills in there, too. Many employers favor a candidate with demonstrated interpersonal skills over one with only technical ability. Think along the lines of teamwork, communication, and leadership.
Here are some highly valuable skills for electrical engineers:
- Proficiency using AutoCAD, Visual Basic, and C++
- Knowledge of production processes, including handling of raw materials and quality control
- Experience solving problems in real-world applications
- Extensive understanding of electronics, including computers
- Ability to work as part of a team to develop and implement systems, as well as troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems
- Reasoning, analysis, and critical thinking
- Strong computational skills
- Good judgment
- Experienced team leader
Electrical Engineer Resume Objective
Electrical Engineers are needed in a number of different industries to develop, research, design, and supervise the installation of various electrical systems. Emphasize any skills that would help you with these tasks in your resume objective. Many employers focus primarily on the objective, so use this space to highlight your qualifications.
What The Electrical Engineer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Being a successful Electrical Engineer requires certain skills like an in-depth understanding of engineering technology and knowledge of various computer systems. These traits will help you with the basic tasks associated with the position, such as installing new electrical equipment, training workers on how to properly use any new equipment, resolving any issues when they come up, and overseeing the production process to ensure that everything is completed within schedule. A good combination of on-site experiences and natural skills will convince a prospective employer that you have what it takes to succeed in the position.
Sample Electrical Engineer Resume Objectives
Including the name of the company you are submitting your resume to is essential when writing your resume objective. This tells the hiring manager that you sincerely desire the position. Some example objectives you can modify for your own resume include:
1. Seeking employment as an Electrical Engineer to use experiences with ensuring all electrical equipment functions efficiently and leading project teams for the benefit of ABC company.
2. Use communication and team building skills as an Electrical Engineer for ABC company.
3. Organized and motivated professional with 10+ years of experience with maintaining electrical systems, creating technical drawings, and designing new devices looking for an Electrical Engineer position at ABC company.
4. Looking to use skills in time management, working as part of a team, and meeting deadlines for the betterment of ABC company as an Electrical Engineer.
5. Obtain an Electrical Engineer position with ABC company to use degree in electrical engineering and experience with troubleshooting problem areas in various electrical systems.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Systematic Electrical Engineer experienced in managing electrical project lifecycle from design phase to delivery and implementation. Polished in analyzing, troubleshooting and developing solutions. C...
7 yrs 5 mo
Electrical Engineer, Associate Professional Staff @ Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Optics and Photonics Group
To contribute to the research and development of scientific, industrial, and military systems through the application of my wide range of technical expertise....
7 yrs 9 mo
Project Manager/Senior Electrical Engineer experienced in managing the design of large-scale projects lifecycle from design phase to delivery and implementation. Strong leadership skills and the abili...
23 yrs 7 mo
Licensed Electrical Engineer and operations manager offering more than 14 years of successful engineering experience specializing in power and control design in Water/Wastewater Industry, hydro and so...
13 yrs 8 mo