Entry-Level Network Engineer Resume Objective
An Entry-Level Network Engineer’s job is to install and maintain computer networks. You can find these professionals working for a variety of different industries. If this position is for you, then include a good objective statement in your resume. Utilize this statement to your advantage to show potential employers your skills and abilities and to assure them that you are the right candidate for the job. You may additionally include your career goals in this statement.
What the Entry-Level Network Engineer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An Entry-Level Network Engineer works to ensure that a company’s computer networks are running as smoothly as possible. If they need to, they will install upgrades to maximize performance. Types of networks they install include local area networks, internet connections, and other communication systems. They will then monitor the networks and ensure security standards are met. Entry-Level Network Engineers will also be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing problems. Good skills to have and mention in your objective statement include technical, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Sample Entry-Level Network Engineer Resume Objectives
Aside from mentioning your skills in your objective statement, include a company name to show an employer your desire to work for them. Here are a few example resume objectives for Entry-Level Network Engineers:
1. Looking to secure an Entry-Level Network Engineer position with (company name) that will allow an individual to display exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills.
2. Detail-oriented dedicated individual with exceptional problem-solving, technical, and analytical skills searching for an Entry-Level Network Engineer position with (company name).
3. Seeking employment with (company name) as an Entry-Level Network Engineer with excellent communication, analytical, and IT skills.
4. Dedicated individual with great attention to detail and exceptional analytical and technical skills looking to secure an Entry-Level Network Engineer position with (company name).
5. Obtain an Entry-Level Network Engineer position with (company name) that will enable a detail-oriented individual with exceptional technical and communication skills to benefit the company.
Skills To Put in an Entry-Level Network Engineer Resume Objective
The resume objective matters a lot more than most job seekers realize. It comes at the very top of the page, so it is the first thing a hiring manager sees. Since managers sometimes have dozens of applications to read through, they may instantly toss a resume aside if the resume objective is not good enough.
Before you write your entry-level network engineer resume objective, you should read the job description several times. This will contain several skills the employer wants to see in candidates, and you should decide which ones would be best for your application. You never want to lie, but if you possess the following hard and soft skills, then you should definitely include them:
- Knowledgeable of Cisco Systems CiscoWorks, packet analysis software, and Linux
- Proficiency with using server load balancers, channel banks, and file servers
- Capable of troubleshooting software issues
- Experience with leading projects and directing a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Experience with Terraform and other cloud-native infrastructure tooling systems
- Able to provide on-call support during business and non-business hours
- Certification in CCNA, JNCIS, and CCIE
- Expertise in developing a disaster recovery plan
- Ability to adapt to new situations and remain flexible
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.