Magazine Editors are responsible for creating and managing the creative content of their magazines. This can include editing articles, handling staff, communicating a business goal to staff and investors, and developing and implementing a sales and marketing plan in order to reach a specified demographic.
What the Magazine Editor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Magazine Editors are responsible for editing the grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and organization of the articles their writers submit for the magazine, thus they must have excellent proofreading skills. Magazine Editors must also have outstanding communication skills in order to convey expectations and responsibilities to their writers and other staff. With so many writers, articles, and deadlines to keep in mind, Magazine Editors must be able to multi-task effectively and make sure that things get done on time. As you write your resume for this position, make sure that your objective is concise and to-the-point in order to make an exceptional first impression on your prospective employer.
Sample Magazine Editor Resume Objectives
When writing your objective for a Magazine Editor position, mention your skills, qualifications, and experience in a way that shows that you are the best candidate for the position. You should also reference the company by name in order to express that you are genuinely interested in the position.
1. Focused, determined, and responsible individual seeks Magazine Editor position at ABC company in order to utilize extensive background in fashion publishing and marketing.
2. Looking to secure a challenging Magazine Editor position with ABC company that can utilize a Bachelor in Communications and extensive leadership and communication skills.
3. Magazine Editor with 10+ years experience in publishing seeks employment with ABC company to utilize strengths in editing, management, and marketing.
4. Searching for a Magazine Editor position with ABC company that can benefit from excellent organizational, editorial, and problem-solving skills.
5. Detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and people skills seeks challenging Magazine Editor position at ABC company that will allow for career advancement and opportunity.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Accomplished sales and marketing executive with strong business acumen and extensive experience in trade show and advertising sales. Expertise in integrated marketing communications with ability to me...
Highly motivated and committed Medical Assistant with proven history of superior performance at individual, team and organizational levels. Multitasks and prioritizes workloads with little or no super...
20 yrs 3 mo
Driven Legal Assistant with [Number] years of experience in [Type] law. Highly skilled at multitasking and prioritizing tasks to complete projects on time and determine appropriate courses of action f...
6 yrs 5 mo
Dependable Electrician skilled in performing preventive and regular maintenance work on electrical systems. Exceptional ability to adapt to new technology and concepts. In-depth knowledge of generator...
7 yrs 10 mo