Copywriter and Editor Resume Objectives
An editor will find themselves planning, coordinating, and editing material for publication at a newspaper, magazine, publishing house, or other organization. Editors may also be tasked with reviewing proposals and drafts for possible future publications. Because of the nature of the job, a clear, confident, well-written resume objective is key to catching the prospective employer’s eye.
What the Copywriter and Editor Resume Objectives Should Tell Prospective Employers
Your resume objective needs to tell prospective employers that you have the skills, knowledge, and desire to do the job. This can be done by including pertinent goals, experiences, abilities, knowledge, and skills in your resume objective. You also have to make sure to keep it short and simple, so it can really catch the eye of the prospective employer. Some related skills that you may want to include are high-quality written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of the English language, knowledge of communication in media, knowledge of clerical procedures, any related education, reading comprehension, critical thinking, ability to inspect writing for high quality and previous experience. In order to clearly communicate your interest in the company of the prospective employer, be sure to include the company name in your resume objective.
Sample Copywriter and Editor Resume Objectives
Here are some sample editor resume objectives:
1. Acquire entry-level editor position with Company 123 that will use BA degree along with eye for detail, communication skills, working knowledge of CMS, and desire to maintain high level of publication standards.
2. Experienced, hardworking individual looking for managerial editor position with Company 123 that will benefit from technical understanding of English language, knowledge of editing programs, and 7 years of experience.
3. Searching for editor position with Company 123 in order to ensure high quality of publications using eye for detail and knowledge of English Language along with 3 years of experience.
4. Obtain executive editor position with Company 123 using 20 years of experience and working knowledge of English language, eye for detail, and desire for high-quality journalistic pieces.
5. Eager, dedicated individual looking to transfer communication skills, knowledge of English language, and eye for detail to editor position at Company 123.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.