General Contractor Resume Objective
In order to show potential employers you’ve got what it takes to manage construction projects and work with developers, you’ve first got to construct a resume objective that shows the full scope of your professional capabilities. Just as it takes time to build a home, school, bridge or industrial structure, the same is true of your resume objective. Be sure to measure twice and cut once when it comes to sharing your reason for applying for a specific general contractor position.
What the General Contractor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
You’ll need a well-balanced combination of industry experience, education, skills and ambition to stand a good chance of winning over your future employer. Your resume objective should make it clear that you’ve had the proper amount of training and education to work as a general contractor as well as the most essential qualities, including knowledge of construction methods, how to create a project strategy, delegation abilities and the ability to meet deadlines. If you have any voluntary certification, be sure to mention that in your objective as well as your resume.
Sample General Contractor Resume Objectives
No matter what your resume objective looks like, it’s always a good idea to include the name of the company to which you’re applying. Below are a few examples you can customize to your unique circumstances.
1. Looking to be employed as an entry-level general contractor with a master’s degree in construction management with ABC Company to gain experience working with various building specialists.
2. Contribute three years of experience and a designation as a Certified Construction Manager as a general contractor with ABC Company to improve knowledge of civil engineering construction.
3. A hard-working individual with experience working simultaneously with a team of construction managers seeks a top-level general contractor position with ABC Company.
4. Desiring a position with ABC Company as a mid-level general contractor with a high school diploma and seven years of experience with a variety of building projects and knowledge of current building codes.
5. Contribute ten years of experience in building roads to a position with ABC Company as a general contractor and certified Associate Constructor.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Hard-working Site Manager with 12 years of experience. Educated in OSHA safety requirements and experienced leading team of over 2-5 workers. Proficient in carpentry, flooring installation, concret...
Experience: 21 yrs 4 mo
Enthusiastic leader with 3 years of experience scheduling, leading and improving employees . Strategic in managing.training, and customer relations. Focused on motivating staff and working with div...
Experience: 6 yrs 9 mo
Enthusiastic leader with 3 years of experience scheduling, leading and improving employees . Strategic in managing.training, and customer relations. Focused on motivating staff and working with d...
Experience: 6 yrs 9 mo
Hardworking Customer Service Representative with 10 years of experience working with Production or Service. Trained in project and time management with extensive knowle...
Experience: 9 yrs 6 mo
Deputy General Manager experienced in planning, directing and managing company work activities, functions and operations. Documented history of facility management and operations to fulfill organiz...
Experience: 10 yrs 4 mo