DevOps Engineer Resume Objectives
DevOps skills are currently in high demand. In fact, a 2014 State of DevOps report definitively shows that organizations that employ DevOps practices are more high-functioning. Add to that the noted advancement and lack of deployment failure cited in the report, and it is easy to see why the job market for skilled DevOps Engineers is opening at an exponential rate.
What the DevOps Engineer Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In order to get to the top of the stack, it is imperative that you define yourself. As a newer job listing criterion, DevOps skills are still in a state of flux. Remember that the first pass at a resume often happens at the HR level, meaning that the person reviewing your resume initially might just be skimming for keywords, as opposed to looking for details.
Additionally, coders with DevOps skills are frequently asked to communicate with an operations team, so make your writing skills shine through prominently on your resume. Your creative approach to problem-solving should also be highlighted since this talent is not something that is easily replicated among others within the coding industry.
Sample DevOps Engineer Resume Objectives
Since there is no set path or credentialing into the field of DevOps, it is important that applicants accurately communicate past experience and expertise. Below are a few sample objectives that can be customized for your resume:
- Talented sysadmin with 10 years of experience with systems and IT operations can lend team-focused building in XYZ Company’s automation tools development lines.
- Trusted developer with strong data management skills seeks to provide coding and scripting capabilities to ABC Company’s IT department.
- Seeking DevOps position where a background in the design, implementation, and deliverance of software and infrastructure can be used within the gaming industry to secure performance, latency, and efficacy.
- Engineer with capability to build scalable backend systems within cloud-based platforms available for immediate hiring. Candidate holds proficient code writing skills in both Ruby and Python, as well as capabilities managing large-scale Cassandra installations.
- Strong scripting language aptitudes and a team approach give DevOps Engineer candidate the ability to problem solve and partner with developers to ensure reliable and scalable service.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.