Food service specialists are those who bring their skills and experience to the kitchens of restaurants and the counters of cafeterias and take-out facilities. They also work for retirement homes, hospitals, hotels, and institutions that serve safe, clean, delicious food to grand numbers of people. If you want your resume to stand out in this field, you need to convince employers that you care about details and you listen and respond to customer needs. This food service specialist resume example can help you choose the right words and subheadings as you present your message and make your case to employers.
Resume Tips for Food Service Specialist
Finding a job as a food service specialist, as it is in other parts of the country, could be a daunting and complicated task, but you can make it easier and less complicated by following these tips.
1. Start by focusing on your goals and objectives, create a written plan (examples are available on the Internet) and turn the plan into daily to-do lists. This will help you stay organized and productive.
2. Use every opportunity when you are with other people to network. Don’t be embarrassed by this; many employment specialists believe that the best jobs come about this way. Follow up every lead, no matter how small.
3. Don’t underestimate the importance of the interview, but stay calm and positive. You will win over the interviewer by showing confidence, having knowledge about the company and asking intelligent questions. Keep your people skills sharp.
4. The Internet is your friend. There’s a wealth of information out there, not only on jobs as a food service specialist, but on how to interview well, how to write a winning resume, how to network effectively and many other relevant topics. Put it all to good use.
5. Don’t get discouraged. Keep your energy levels up by getting plenty of sleep and eating properly. No pity parties fueled by gallons of mint chocolate chip ice cream; that’s just a very temporary fix and you’ll regret it in the morning.
Food Service Specialist Advice
Resumes are a key device in job searches and having a really good one will smooth the way to a successful outcome for you. Try these tips to make sure your resume is all it should be.
1. Don’t let the experience section, the most important section of the whole document, be a boring list of responsibilities. Talk about achievements and accomplishments, especially if they came as a result of skills that can be transferred to the job you’re applying for.
2. It’s not necessary to develop your own format. There are lots of model resumes on the Internet that you can adapt to looking for jobs as a food service specialist. It’s a lot less work and increases the chances that everything will be properly organized.
3. Try not to call attention to any gaps in your experience. Fill them in, using a consistent format, with items such as starting your own business or volunteer work. Gaps tend to give the reader a quick, but often incorrect, impression.
4. This is your chance to shine, but don’t overdo it. The experienced hiring managers for jobs as a food service specialist will be able to spot exaggerations a mile away.
5. There is nothing worse than having your resume tossed because of a spelling error, a typo, or a grammar mistake. Thoroughly check for all of these before you send it in.
Food Service Specialist Job Seeking Tips
Food service specialist positions are available in restaurants, hotels, schools and pretty much anywhere food is served. To get hired for one of these jobs, you’ll need a professional resume. Create your food service specialist resume using our easy resume examples below. Choose from multiple template options, and edit the resume examples text to fit your needs. Take the next step in your career, and get hired sooner.
No Experience Food Service Specialist Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Food Service Specialist job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Food Service Specialist resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Summary: Experienced Food Service professional adept at preparing high-volume meals in fast-paced environments. Possessing 7+ ye...
Experience: 6 yrs 10 mo
Summary: Talented manager with 8 years of experience in guest service work. Consistently handled high-volume work over long shif...
Experience: 8 yrs 5 mo