Customer Service Representative Resume Examples
One of the most widely held jobs in the United States, customer service representatives address customer issues and help resolve them quickly. Customer service representatives may work in retail and wholesale stores, telecommunication kiosks or call centers, and typically interact directly with customers.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are more than 3,018,800 customer service representatives working in the U.S. Each of these workers needs to be skilled in handling complaints, processing orders and providing the information about their company’s products or services. To help you learn how to showcase these skills on a resume, take a look at our expert-crafted customer service representative resume example below.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Table of Contents
- What is a Customer Service Representative ?
- What Makes This a Great
Customer Service Representative Resume Example?
- 3 Customer Service Representative Professional Summary Examples
- 3 Customer Service Representative Work Experience Examples
- Top Skills for a Customer Service Representative
- Customer Service Representative FAQs
Resume Success Stories
What is a Customer Service Representative ?
Customer service representatives assist customers by resolving problems and providing information relating to their company’s products and services. Their role can also include attracting potential customers by providing information or making suggestions about these products and services. Some also prepare, maintain and update reports based on collected customer information, which should allow the company to better serve their customers.
Customer service representatives normally work full-time, but may find a number of part-time opportunities, too. Their workdays are often busy, and they may also have to work evenings, weekends or even on holidays.
What Makes This a Great
Customer Service Representative Resume Example?
Our customer service representative resume example was drafted by certified resume writers with an in-depth understanding of what recruiters look for in candidates. Study our examples to learn from the best about how to write a job-winning resume.
Here’s how our customer service representative resume example helps give your resume an edge:
- Demonstrates professionally written content: Each of our resume examples are customized to include role-relevant keywords that you can borrow in your own writing. Simply take cues from the customer service representative resume example above, or use our Resume Builder for more pre-written text suggestions full of terms like “adaptability,” “critical thinking” and “CRM software.”
- Helps you choose the right format: Using the right format is an essential part of making the most of your qualifications on a resume. The example here uses a chronological format to highlight its extensive work history, followed by skills and education. This option, as opposed to a functional or combination resume format, is great for someone with much experience and expertise in their field.
- Shows appropriate resume templates: Customer service representatives work in many different industries, so it’s best to pay attention to how potential employers present themselves before choosing the most suitable resume template. We offer a wide variety of design options that will fit well with whatever type of job you pursue.
3 Customer Service Representative Professional Summary Examples
For a resume’s professional summary to stand out to hiring managers, it should be tailored to speak to an employer’s needs while highlighting one’s most impressive and relevant qualifications. Both our customer service representative resume example and Resume Builder can show you how to write a professional summary that catches the attention of recruiters.
Here are three examples of professional summaries for a customer service representative:
- Energetic customer service representative with experience driving brand loyalty, resolving complex customer queries and increasing customer engagement for two leading internet service providers.
- Passionate customer service representative with a deep understanding of building strong customer relationships. Over seven years of experience in conflict resolution and maintaining customer databases needed for promotional and advertising events.
- Empathetic and trustworthy customer service representative dedicated to facilitating excellent customer interactions. Accomplished in troubleshooting technical issues. Adept at navigating CRM software and MS Office programs.
3 Customer Service Representative Work Experience Examples
Our customer service representative resume example demonstrates how to showcase quantifiable achievements in your work experience section. You can borrow ideas from our examples, or customize our Resume Builder’s pre-written suggestions to include your own measurable accomplishments.
Here are three examples that our Resume Builder might recommend:
- Handled more than 75 calls daily and received 90% customer satisfaction rating to date, 12% higher than company average.
- Provided basic-level technical support to clients with a wide range of proprietary software issues with a record-setting 92% success rate.
- Recommended new tactics to persuade customers from canceling subscriptions, resulting in 12% increase in customer retention.
Top Skills for Your Customer Service Representative Resume
Our Resume Builder created by professional resume writers highlights your skills as a customer service representative by using appropriate keywords and phrases that can capture the attention of hiring managers.
Here are some hard and soft skills to consider while looking for the post of a customer service representative:
- Technical troubleshooting
- Pitching products and services
- Database management
- Conflict resolution
Building Your Customer Service Representative Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Customer Service Representative FAQs
- How do you train yourself to be a successful customer service representative?
- What educational qualifications are required to be a customer service representative?
- What industries do customer service representatives work in?
How do you train yourself to be a successful customer service representative?
To be a successful customer service representative, one must learn to be patient in order to deal with different kinds of customers. You must be deeply knowledgeable of the products and services your company offers, including any common complaints or issues related to them. Customer service representatives need to think quickly to offer creative and appropriate solutions to customers.
What educational qualifications are required to be a customer service representative?
Customer service representatives need at least a GED or a high school diploma. However, depending on their industry, a higher level of education might be needed. Customer service representatives generally undergo extensive on-the-job training and learn to use software like Zendesk, Kayako, Parcel Audit and other CRM-related applications.
What industries do customer service representatives work in?
Customer service representatives are spread across various industries like banking, insurance, tourism, aviation, hospitality, e-commerce, logistics and advertising. They may work for a company that offers essential services related to power, gas or telecommunications. A customer service representative is the first point of contact for most customers in these sectors.