Table of Contents
Resume Success Stories
Building Your Makeup Artist Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
What Is a Makeup Artist?
Makeup artists communicate with their clients and carefully design custom looks with perfection. They deal most often with facial beauty products but also work with skin and hair styling. Most makeup artists get certification from a licensed cosmetology school before looking for work in the field and should have a profound knowledge about skin creams, makeup tools and the latest cosmetic trends. Positions are often available at beauty salons or in creative industries such as film, photography or theater.
What Makes This a Great
Makeup Artist Resume Example?
The first step to finding a job that fits your makeup expertise is to have a powerful and striking resume. We can help you accomplish that, even when the task of creating a new resume seems daunting. Our resume examples provide a neat outline that you can follow. Here are some of the biggest perks of consulting our makeup artist resume examples:
- Well-written content: A major advantage of using our resume examples is the writing. Our certified resume writers craft makeup artist resumes that utilize the keywords and phrases that recruiters look for in an applicant. Or, if writing isn’t your forte, use our Resume Builder, which will make pre-written text suggestions for every section of your resume.
- Effective resume format: The chronological format used in this example easily highlights the job seeker’s work experience and career progression, while a thorough skills section rounds out the document. Applicants with less experience or those who want to place more emphasis on their skill sets, might consider a functional or combination format, respectively.
- Appropriate resume template: A professional-looking resume template with a touch of color, like this example, is almost universally appropriate. But since makeup artistry is a creative field, you could consider more colorful designs. LiveCareer’s builder offers a wide selection of resume templates for every taste and style.
3 Makeup Artist Professional Summaries Examples
Your professional summary is the first thing a hiring manager sees. It is important to emphasize your makeup skills and attributes in simple yet compelling sentences. Use our makeup artist resume examples as inspiration for how to write your own. Or, here are three additional makeup artist professional summaries to consider:
- Friendly makeup artist with a wide knowledge of cosmetics trends and procedures. Dedicated to helping clients achieve their desired looks, with years of experience in the film industry. Trained to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Professional makeup artist with 6 years of experience in New York City. Extremely talented at creating a first-impression look for clients of all ages and adapt easily to new environments and customer needs. Exceptional listener who maintains a clean workspace.
- Outstanding makeup artist with 4 years’ expertise in cosmetology and hairdressing. Skilled communicator and diligent worker in all types of environments. Expert in prosthetics and body makeup for film and theater, and knowledgeable about cosmetics for all skin tones and lighting.
3 Makeup Artist Work Experience Section Examples
Work experience is an important aspect of finding a job. Include the most important aspects of past jobs to emphasize your artistic skills as a makeup artist. Our makeup artist resume examples show you how to craft powerful bullet points about your work history and show you how to incorporate metrics into this critical section. Here are a few examples of makeup artist work history bullet points:
- Communicated with esteemed clients to create their desired look and appearance.
- Touched up makeup quickly and efficiently and added special touches behind set in 12 theatrical products
- Created flawless looks for models and worked alongside photographers to adjust makeup to lighting.
Top Skills for Your Makeup Artist Resume
Job hiring managers look for qualities that work best for their current needs. Our Resume Builder selects the right skills that show you as a professional makeup artist who can take on challenges and find solutions.
Use the skills suggested or add your own. These are a few makeup artistry skills you can put in your resume:
- Body and face painting
- Prosthetics application
- Television makeup
- Bone structure and skin tone knowledge
Find Your Ideal Job
Once you have built your resume, stay on top of your job search with Job Alerts. Once you sign up, we will email you when there are new makeup artist openings in your location.
Makeup Artist Plain Text Resume
Name: Terry Ried
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Talented Makeup Artist with in-depth knowledge of makeup artistry and cosmetic industries. Possessing strong visual sense and creative imagination. Goal-oriented professional successful building lasting relationships with clients.
- Excellent communication
- Product ordering
- Makeup knowledge
- Client communication
- Project proposals
- Photoshoot understanding
- Closet management
- Computer-aided design programs
Company Name, City, State
- Conducted consultations to understand the client’s desired outcome and assessed skin type and facial structure.
- Scheduled onsite and offsite makeup appointments for clientele.
- Maintained full stock of inventory and properly sanitized makeup tools to avoid the spread of infection.
Company Name, City, State
- Coordinated casting calls, fittings, shows, and shoots.
- Meticulously followed corporate brand guidelines to enable brand consistency across campaigns and marketing programs.
- Coordinated with the content production and delivery managers to launch carrier-approved content worldwide.
Company Name, City, State
- Assessed customer hair texture, treatment history, and desired outcome to identify appropriate services.
- Collaborated with other stylists to discuss exciting new trends that could be utilized in the development of showroom displays.
- Prepared for shoots and shows by collecting props and steaming and iron cloth items.
Education & Training
Bachelor of Arts Make-Up And Costume Design
Academy of Art, City, State
Makeup Artist FAQs
What are the duties of a makeup artist?
Makeup artists work with clients to create a desired look or makeup style. Whether it’s for an actor’s photo shoot, a model’s runway look or a bride’s wedding, makeup artists skillfully transform someone’s face with the help of professional makeup. Depending on the industry, their abilities may include prosthetics and body makeup, hair styling and professional cosmetics application.
Where do makeup artists work?
There are a variety of industries in need of makeup artistry, such as film, theater and fashion. Depending on the job, makeup artists may do makeup for actors and models in photography studios or on play and movie sets. They can also work in beauty salons for clients who desire a unique look for special occasions.
- Ability to relate expertise even when writing about new topics
- Great listening skills
- Excellent research ability
- Intense sense of curiosity
- Absolute fluency in their writing language
What subjects do you need to be a makeup artist?
Enrolling and completing cosmetology courses is generally a key requirement for becoming a makeup artist. Coursework may cover topics such as skincare and techniques for effectively applying eyeliner and foundation to contour the face. Along with receiving certification or similar proof of cosmetology mastery, experience and practice can increase a person’s likelihood of finding higher-paying jobs.