As an aspiring pre-medical student, I am seeking to immerse myself in the field of medicine toward pursuing career openings for medical office receptionist, an internship, or undergrad research assistant positions while studying as a current undergraduate student at the University of Iowa.
• Qualified in tutoring students in Statistics having achieved an A in the course.
• Adapted to students with diverse learning styles.
• Prompt and punctual in reporting for scheduled shifts and avoided distractions of friends/peers in tutoring students in the success center.
• Provided recruitment for the TRIO program, willingly assisted in providing directions/information, and answer the phone at the front desk.
• Assist customers with ordering menu selections through offering recommendations.
• Provide excellent service to all customers.
• Increased customer sales through conferring with patrons their need for additional or up charged items with their orders.
• Maintain accuracy when receiving and dispersing currency while operating the cash register.
• Multi-tasked heavily while memorizing orders and prices of order items.
• Perform routine cleaning requirements throughout the entire store
• Perform store opening and closing procedures.
• Certified barista trainer
• Assisted hosts and hostesses with seating of guests during peak hours.
• Calculated check amounts and split checks as needed.
• Completed all side work during/after completion of dining service.
•Delivered outstanding customer service by serving food and drinks to guests promptly.
• Demonstrated responsible alcohol serving practices by requesting and checking guest identification and ensured that guests were not over served.
• Effectively maintained a clean working environment during shift.
• Ensured all meals served met quality standards.
• Helped resolve guest problems by maintaining a positive, friendly and respectful attitude.
• Increased upsell of various food and drink items to patrons.
• Memorized an extensive menu of over  food items,  drinks and all ingredients.
• Practiced safe food handling procedures by washing hands regularly and using gloves when preparing salads or desserts to avoid cross contamination of items.
• Recommended entrée and drink choices to guests by listening to their preferences and concerns such as allergies/diet restrictions.
• Used the point of sale, or POS, system to place orders and print checks.
• Filed papers into filing cabinets.
• Alphabetized student documents.
• Scanned and shredded confidential documents.
• Operated scanner/printer (technical skills).
• Indexed files.
Educational Programming Experience
SHPEP (Summer Health Professions Education Program)
Humans of SHPEP Project
TRIO Celebrates Diversity Day
Pediatric Pancreatitis Day at the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital
Ms. Heather Wright
Mr. Steve Cravens
Ms. Monique Galpin
Job Titles Held: